PDA

View Full Version : Towers

Pikeman
21-11-2003, 19:39
Yet another post by Pikeman.:rolleyes:

Questions about castles (again):

1.Will all towers have the same height or are some of them shorter than others? How about with walls? A poor king might have the choice between low, stone walls or high, wooden ones. An extremely rich king might even be able to have two rings of walls around his capital, the inner one high and the outer one low.

2. How is it with square towers and round towers? I've seen screenshots with either of them on them. Are square towers simply cheaper, or how is it?

Cork2
21-11-2003, 23:22
Hmm maby squar towers are used to place balistas or catapults on them.

Frank Fay
22-11-2003, 12:06
Will all towers have the same height or are some of them shorter than others? How about with walls? A poor king might have the choice between low, stone walls or high, wooden ones. An extremely rich king might even be able to have two rings of walls around his capital, the inner one high and the outer one low.

Towers of differend kinds have different heights. Walls not, but you can upgrade your castle to a higher level with better walls etc.

How is it with square towers and round towers? I've seen screenshots with either of them on them. Are square towers simply cheaper, or how is it?

The square and round tower are armed differently. Also we have plattforms where you can either place a lot archers or a catapult.

Pikeman
22-11-2003, 15:50
By platforms do you mean those U-shaped things that stick out from the wall. Like here? (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens.html?page=16) (top-right corner)

Frank Fay
22-11-2003, 17:43
Yes, exactly. They can be additionally equiped with Catapults.

hawk_knight
22-11-2003, 19:53
Frank Fay can you set fire to a catapult ?:D

Arjenvs
25-11-2003, 10:57
Originally posted by Frank Fay
Yes, exactly. They can be additionally equiped with Catapults.

And these places are predifined in every level of your castle or are they possible to build them in yourself?

Pikeman
25-11-2003, 13:39
From FAQ:Can I customize my castles?
Sure you can. You can build towers, walls, gates, and more.
so I think that you can build them yourself:D .

Arjenvs
25-11-2003, 13:58
but I thought that they repeately said on this forum that you can only upgrade your castles...not build them...

GOOD news!!!:cheers:

Whismerhil
25-11-2003, 18:56
First i want to say Hello to everybody of this forum!!.
Well I have a question:
I watched the pictures of the game and in all hapens the same, there arent any archers in the walls or in the towers. I realize that there were only in the main castle four men at arms whith their spears.
The towers and walls ¿How can they be destroyed?, By war-machines, or by soldiers or war-machines.
This was a great problem in another medieval game called " Stronghold", the people was angry because the soldiers can destroy the walls with their weapons, it would be better if only it could be destroyed only by war machines.
I have read that you can built your castle as you wish, i dont know if anyregion of the map will have the same natural resources to build it. And another question is if there will be some trade to buid your castle or to buy weapons.
How many natural resources will be?

Thank you very much and waitinf for your answer.
Lord Whismerhil

Pikeman
26-11-2003, 07:59
Welcome, Whismerhil.:)

1Those screenshots with no archers on the walls, I'm sure, are old screenshots. You don't have to worry about that.

2 We haven't heard anything about swordsmen being able to knock down walls a la Stronghold, and I hope they won't be able to. I do hope, however, that they can knock down gates (not gatehouses) a la Medieval.

3 As for the resources: I'm not sure, but I think that I remember seeing iron, grain and wood as natural resources on the screenshots. Don't quote me on that, though.:angel:

Frujin
26-11-2003, 10:02
I can confirm. Soldiers can't destroy walls with their swords :)

Arjenvs
26-11-2003, 14:37
Originally posted by Frujin
I can confirm. Soldiers can't destroy walls with their swords :)

Good!!!!

But can you move place your soldiers in the castles by your self?

Frank Fay
28-11-2003, 09:16
Yes you can. You select the group and click on the place where to go, like towers, citadel, plattforms etc.

Lord Sandman
28-11-2003, 10:49
Perfect! This looks like in good - old Lords of the Realm 2 and gives us more realistic level of defending our castle, not like in M:TW - this was horrible!!!

Arjenvs
01-12-2003, 09:05
Yes you can. You select the group and click on the place where to go, like towers, citadel, plattforms etc.

It is getting better by the day.....:go:

Elewyn
01-12-2003, 10:11

It's perfect...send my troops to defend the castle and demolish enemy from the walls

Whismerhil
02-12-2003, 18:18
Hello to everybody:

I have another question:

I havent see any moat in any screen, and i think that it is important for the defense of a castle and, of course, the drawbridge.
The game will have it?

Thank you very much.

Pikeman
02-12-2003, 20:14
Have a look here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63&highlight=moats) and here (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens_6076427.html?page=14). In other words: Yes, you can build moats:cheers:.Thanks for those links, Es.:)

Es.
02-12-2003, 20:24
Originally posted by Pikeman
Have a look here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63&highlight=moats) and here (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens_6076427.html?page=14). In other words: Yes, you can build moats:cheers:.Thanks for those links, Es.:)
Your welcome
:cheers: