PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer?

Pages : [1] 2

Gorgoroth
22-10-2003, 17:20
KoH will have multiplayer? [I hope!]
If yes, what options will there be? I hope that it will be something like the singleplayer conquest just on smaller maps maybe individual county maps should be ok.
I would be really pissed if the multiplayer part would be a simple battle simulation...IE. playing battles only.

Kevin
22-10-2003, 17:22
Originally posted by Gorgoroth
KoH will have multiplayer? [I hope!]
If yes, what options will there be? I hope that it will be something like the singleplayer conquest just on smaller maps maybe individual county maps should be ok.
I would be really pissed if the multiplayer part would be a simple battle simulation...IE. playing battles only.

I hope that too!

Huwie
22-10-2003, 17:29
Sorry guys, quoted from the FAQ:

"Multiplayer matches in KoH are planned to be fast-paced and limited to battle only. Players can play historical battles like the Battle of Hastings or random maps in skirmish mode. KoH can be played by up to 6 players via LAN, Modem or Internet."

Kevin
22-10-2003, 17:31
Originally posted by Huwie

"Multiplayer matches in KoH are planned to be fast-paced and limited to battle only. Players can play historical battles like the Battle of Hastings or random maps in skirmish mode. KoH can be played by up to 6 players via LAN, Modem or Internet."

That's sad. :(

Gorgoroth
22-10-2003, 17:38
Originally posted by Huwie

Owwwww..:sad:

Frujin
22-10-2003, 18:01
Hey, when you learn more about the game and multiplayer you won't be THAT SAD :) I bet ...

Overdose
22-10-2003, 18:32
hmm only battles ?!? I dont like the sound of that.. I want the the whole thing in multiplayer to :)

Frujin
22-10-2003, 18:40
So, do I ... :)

The Preacher
22-10-2003, 22:21
Well it seems to me that many strategy games suffers from the fact that itīs hard to implement a multiplayer mode that includes a fullfledged campaign. Itīs mostly a time issue I guess. Imagine a multiplayer-session of Medieval:TW with the strategic map included, you would be stuck by the computer for a week or so :)

But it would be really cool though, if one could have an ongoing multplayer campaign that stretches over several weeks and with the possibility setting "orders" for the A.I. to follow when one is AFK :D

Overdose
22-10-2003, 23:36
Originally posted by The Preacher
Itīs mostly a time issue I guess. Imagine a multiplayer-session of Medieval:TW with the strategic map included, you would be stuck by the computer for a week or so :)

A good reason why the whole thing should be inplanted in multiplayer :D You would have an excuse why you spend so much time on a computure game, you just need to say... It takes 1-3 weeks of my life to play one multiplayer game and beacuse It's so fun I plan to play much more then just one time :D Dont you guys agree ?!? ;)

The Preacher
23-10-2003, 01:13
Originally posted by Overdose
A good reason why the whole thing should be inplanted in multiplayer :D You would have an excuse why you spend so much time on a computure game, you just need to say... It takes 1-3 weeks of my life to play one multiplayer game and beacuse It's so fun I plan to play much more then just one time :D Dont you guys agree ?!? ;)

haha, but some of us do have a life you know ;)

But I think that an ongoing multiplayer campaing could really work. The answar to the time issue would be that each country or fraction had several players controlling it. So it would be a sort of clan (or perhaps the word council would be a more appropriate word) that take turns on playing. In that way the game could run 24/7 and most of the time there would probably be someone from the "council" playing.

hmm, did that make any sense? If not, give me a /slap ;)

Huwie
23-10-2003, 08:46
Yes that did make sense, and it's actually a pretty good idea. Of course, you'd have to play in a decent clan. ;)

Anyway, something I never understood about multiplayer strategy games is why not just have a save option? Both (or all) parties would obviously have to agree on it, or maybe it would be automatic if one player disconnected, but whatever the case, surely it isn't that difficult to implement?

Or am I just being a naive fool?

Gorgoroth
23-10-2003, 11:31
Originally posted by Frujin
Hey, when you learn more about the game and multiplayer you won't be THAT SAD :) I bet ...

I love SP and I definitely will love KoH, but only battles in multi is very disappointing. :o

Anyways maybe someday we will have a full conquest multiplayer in KoH...if there will be an add-on pack for the game, this should be nr.1 on the list. :)

Frank Fay
23-10-2003, 11:38
It is very very high on the list :cool:

The Preacher
23-10-2003, 11:49
No you are right, it should not be that difficult to implement. And it wold be a great complement to the "battlefield only" mode.

Rather than a technical problem, I think the problem lies within that fact that few game developers dares to take any chances when it comes to new concepts and ideas. Honestly, 90% of all games is just a remake of some previous concept that has proven to be successfull , much like the movie and music industries.

And by the way, Iīm not trying to start a flamewar , just sharing my thoughts :D

Overdose
23-10-2003, 12:22
Originally posted by The Preacher
haha, but some of us do have a life you know ;)

But I think that an ongoing multiplayer campaing could really work. The answar to the time issue would be that each country or fraction had several players controlling it. So it would be a sort of clan (or perhaps the word council would be a more appropriate word) that take turns on playing. In that way the game could run 24/7 and most of the time there would probably be someone from the "council" playing.

hmm, did that make any sense? If not, give me a /slap ;)

I have a life, but sometimes I just want to run away from it for a time, to take a break. But my gf wont let me, beacuse she have som need's you know ;)

Otherwise you have a great idea there... Like it alot :D

Kevin
24-10-2003, 23:51
Originally posted by Frujin

Ow yeah?:) I bet 5 euro!;)

vyanvotts
25-10-2003, 03:00
I have a life, but sometimes I just want to run away from it for a time, to take a break. But my gf wont let me, beacuse she have som need's you know ;)

Otherwise you have a great idea there... Like it alot :D

oh yeah.....cant forget the old girlfriends needs eh...!

Overdose
25-10-2003, 13:04
Originally posted by vyanvotts
oh yeah.....cant forget the old girlfriends needs eh...!

She is the boss :P If I dont do as she says, she wont let me play KoH when it's released :( But hey I anit complaining, we have our own medevil game ;) :D

vyanvotts
25-10-2003, 16:03
She is the boss :P If I dont do as she says, she wont let me play KoH when it's released :( But hey I anit complaining, we have our own medevil game ;) :D

lol a little bit too much information there mate! ;)