PDA

View Full Version : Questions concerning graphics - villages and other countryside stuff

Ernst
07-09-2004, 19:51
Hi all

In several main screen screenshots we can see that villages may get different graphics. I wonder if they change with the village's population, or after pillaging, plagues or whatever.

On a global scale, it is said that the countryside will change from a game to another, whereas cities will always be the same. Does this mean villages, farms etc will be randomly placed on farmland and/or appear/disappear during the game ?

Does the ownership of a village depend on the ownership of the the realm's city or can I "annex" any village ?

So many questions to answer, so many days till october ;(

Don Enrico
08-09-2004, 12:43
1. Different graphics for villages: I understood that you'll be able to add certain buildings - like palisades, for example - to your villages. Probably this will change the graphic appearence on the map.

2. Randomly placed villages: No idea... :rolleye:

3. Ownership of villages: In my understanding ownership of a province (or "realm") means ownership of the main town and all villages, harbours, mines, etc. As an attacker you can plunder and maybe even destroy villages, but you can't take over a village without conquering the main town of the realm.