PDA

View Full Version : Love the Marshal skills!

CustodianV131
10-09-2004, 15:57
Just been reading the new info on the Marshals

Very nice! The sills are a great way of bringing diversity to the game, to ensure that every game will be new again!

Many different tactics possible and you can really gear your knights and armies to your liking.

Was wondering about the experience though. It states that you can grant one skill for every experience star and that each skill can has 3 stages.

Would that mean i can have 6 stages 1 skills or say 2 stage 3 skills?
OR
Does it mean that i can have 6 skills that can all level up to stage 3?

Noldy
10-09-2004, 18:01
I always like the aspect of war!

Angryminer
10-09-2004, 18:07
A Marshall has 6 'slots' for skills. Each of these slots can hold one skill. If a skill has been selected, it can be upgraded later.
An example:
Your novice-marshall "Graf Rudolf" has gained an experience star. As he has no skills yet you choose to grant him "Leadership". After Graf Rudolf successfully took the province of Anglia from England he is rewarded with another experience star. In your endless wisdom you decide that "Leadership" is a great skill and grant this skill to him again. Now Graf Rudolf has "Leadership Level 2".
But he can't improve in Leadership if he already has "Leadership Level 3".
You can calculate the maximum number of experience stars from the amount of skill-slots and the maximum level of each skill: 6 * 3 = 18
If there are any questions left, please feel free to speak about them :go: .

Angryminer

Lalabel
10-09-2004, 18:15
This game to improve day after day!!!!!!
The Marshall is symple fantastic!!!!

DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO

Hurricane766
10-09-2004, 18:16
Was wondering about the experience though. It states that you can grant one skill for every experience star and that each skill can has 3 stages.

Would that mean i can have 6 stages 1 skills or say 2 stage 3 skills?
OR
Does it mean that i can have 6 skills that can all level up to stage 3?

It means that for every experience level you can EITHER take a new skill or upgrade an existing one.... so you could have (after 6 experience levels):

6 skills at stage one
4 skills at stage one, 1 skill at stage two
3 skills at stage one, 1 skill at stage 3
2 skills at stage one, 2 skills at stage 2
1 skill at stage one, 1 skill at stage 2, and one skill at stage 3
3 skills at stage two
2 skills at stage three

I think these are all the possibilities... I repeat: I think...

I can't wait to try out all the different skills :)
:cheers:

Angryminer
10-09-2004, 18:19
A marshall can have 6 skills at level 3. See my calculation above.

Angryminer

Hurricane766
10-09-2004, 18:27
Oh, I see, I thought that there were only 6 experience levels... but you say there are 18?

Cool, now my knights will be even more powerful - moahahhahahahaha :cheers:

Hurricane766
10-09-2004, 18:46
Devs, is this right? 18 experience levels? I would like it, but it seems like a lot of stars to be crowding our knights' avatars?

CustodianV131
10-09-2004, 19:04
Maybe only stars will be shown that you have not spend yet?

Anyway it sounds awesome! Hope Angryminer is right, since it opens up a nice subgame of "training" your knights to support your strategies.

Ernst
10-09-2004, 20:03
I assume all these beautiful skills vanish in the air once your marshall dies ;(
Or maybe you can breed dynasties of marshall and his sons inherit some -lower- skills ?

Angryminer
10-09-2004, 20:14
No that would surely be too complex. Remember that KoH is already near the limit of complexity.

Angryminer

Laudan
10-09-2004, 20:25
I love complexed games 8) :silly: :nono: :rolleyes:

Largefry07
10-09-2004, 23:28
Say you have 2 marshals. They both have their own army and they are inexperienced. Can you conduct "war games" to improve a knights skill? Say if one marshal wins he gains a star. If this is not the case I must seggest it. But there are certain drawbacks to these to these "war games". They take some time to perfrom and can only do it when you get a new marshal. And if you are invaded both marshals and their armies are tied up in this "war games" that they can not go to battle at their top preformence.

Vengaul
10-09-2004, 23:55
Well it's a nice thing, but I doubt that we can simulate battles for training...

CustodianV131
11-09-2004, 00:15
No that would surely be too complex. Remember that KoH is already near the limit of complexity.

Angryminer

Bring it on! As long as its good for the gameplay and replayability i love complex games!

DoS_GadO
11-09-2004, 00:21
W complex game...because if isn't hard game is bad and the player not use it