PDA

View Full Version : mercenaries

Pikeman
23-11-2003, 18:23
Will we get to hire these? If so, how will it work? Will we have to pay them quite heavily with gold, some more than others? Will we even be able to reward them with land, like the Byzantine Pronoiai Allagion were?
I'd guess that the first option is more likely than the second, but I'd be happy with either.:cool:

Lord Wulf
23-11-2003, 21:04
Originally posted by Pikeman
Will we get to hire these? If so, how will it work? Will we have to pay them quite heavily with gold, some more than others? Will we even be able to reward them with land, like the Byzantine Pronoiai Allagion were?
I'd guess that the first option is more likely than the second, but I'd be happy with either.:cool:

I think you pay them with gold,but what mercenaries you will have?

Arjenvs
23-11-2003, 23:22
Originally posted by Pikeman
.....Will we even be able to reward them with land, like the Byzantine Pronoiai Allagion were?..........

That would be cool!!!

Jerome
24-11-2003, 10:39
i recall from LOTR2 that mercenaries offered theselves from time to time...

its a good and fast way to raise an army, when you dont have the pop. to coscript them from...

i hope this will be possible in KoH aslo..;)

Pikeman
24-11-2003, 13:31
I think that it should be a bit like MTW, where there are certain provinces where mercs gravitate towards. Such as places where other mercenaries have been succesful in the past.

Cork2
24-11-2003, 16:34
No dude don't think that. I hope they don't change it so its similar to MTW. The game is just fine and so what if your not able to hire mercenarys or vikings. I woun't be needing them.

Jarlabanke
24-11-2003, 19:23
Yes, Mercs! But I would prefer if it wouldn't be as in MTW, just have a common Mercpool for the whole world.

Elewyn
25-11-2003, 00:22
Will there be any difference between mercs? like thet from Braibant and Italy, they would be better, than the others,but also more expensive...

And will the condotiers be possible?(know they're from later times,but some kind of merc's captain/"knight" would be good)