PDA

View Full Version : Sugestion for Moderators

NoC Lord Fire
20-09-2004, 23:44
I saw the screanshot of Croatian kingdom and Slavonia is not in it. The slavonia had a great role in that time in croatian kingdom just like Istria nad dalmatia (For God sake, our first King was from Slavonia- King Tomilslav A.D. 903.) - and in the begining the bosnia also. Can this be fixed, pliz
Thankyou :hello:

NoC Lord Fire
21-09-2004, 00:06
I have just checked, The Bosnia was the Croatia in that time. Bosnia as we know it now became with the invasion of muslims. You can check it on the map on : http://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Hrvatska_Tomislav.jpg

Finellach
21-09-2004, 02:41
I've already spoken with Frank Fay(one of the developers of the game) and he said they will consider it strongly. I suggested to change 'Pannonia' in the game to Slavonia. It is not only the correct course of action but it is also historically supported by maps which correspond with position of suppoesed 'Pannonia' in game and Slavonia in historical maps. So keep your fingers crossed. ;)

Furthemore as mentioned before Istria should not be in as a province due to the fact it is a small penninsula. Though it had defined borders and was a separate county it was always part of some duchy(realm)...first Carinthia(Karnten) and then later Carniola(Krain).

NoC Lord Fire
21-09-2004, 11:42
Great. One other thing. The republic of Dubrovnik (or at that time republic of ragusea), is it in the game or is it under the Dalmatia. Personaly, i think that it should be seperate because in 1300 it was the only free republic on the mediteranian who did not pay the Italy for the free trade in the area. It was strong due to its nobles and its famous diplomacy

NoC Lord Fire
21-09-2004, 11:50
I would disagree on the Istria/Histria province. It may have been under difrent rulers and alliances, however the croats have been living in Istria province since 7th ct.

Finellach
21-09-2004, 19:48
Great. One other thing. The republic of Dubrovnik (or at that time republic of ragusea), is it in the game or is it under the Dalmatia. Personaly, i think that it should be seperate because in 1300 it was the only free republic on the mediteranian who did not pay the Italy for the free trade in the area. It was strong due to its nobles and its famous diplomacy

Ragus/Dubrovnik would be too small to represent on the map.

I would disagree on the Istria/Histria province. It may have been under difrent rulers and alliances, however the croats have been living in Istria province since 7th ct.

No one said that they didn't lived there, but the fact is that Istria was never independant and was always part of Carinthia or Carniola.

NoC Lord Fire
21-09-2004, 22:40
Yes it was a small, however as small as that it was a diplomatic and war power of the time. I just think it should be seperate province in Croatian kingdom. :)

Angryminer
22-09-2004, 11:46
There are hundrets of areas that deserve an own province in KoH. Unfortunately that's beyond KoH's scope.

Angryminer

Finellach
22-09-2004, 23:40
Indeed. For example I am a bit disappointed there is not province of Holland or Gascony which are IMO much more important than Ragusa don't you think? ;)

NoC Lord Fire
22-09-2004, 23:48
Whel, it is hard to decide on how some place is more important than other. As it is said, you do not discuss different tastes. BDW read Ragusea triology and then you will see why this are is of great importance for that period of time.

NoC Lord Fire
22-09-2004, 23:52
And i forgot to mention one more thing, Dubrovnik is one of the few cities that still has a stone walls with forts and town gates around its town. And the oldest parmacy is also in Dubrovnik. I know that i am biased in this case, however the facts speak for them seves, aren't they?

If i would be asked, i would wish that every province is in game, for all people to feel great about this game- but in that case we would change the history and this game would loose on its meaning. :)

Elvain
10-11-2004, 17:17
I've already spoken with Frank Fay(one of the developers of the game) and he said they will consider it strongly. I suggested to change 'Pannonia' in the game to Slavonia. It is not only the correct course of action but it is also historically supported by maps which correspond with position of suppoesed 'Pannonia' in game and Slavonia in historical maps. So keep your fingers crossed. ;)

Furthemore as mentioned before Istria should not be in as a province due to the fact it is a small penninsula. Though it had defined borders and was a separate county it was always part of some duchy(realm)...first Carinthia(Karnten) and then later Carniola(Krain).I guess we discussed this Pannonia thing already. My opinion to this is that it would not be correct to rename Pannonia to Slavonia. The map is not perfect by location and shape of many provinces, Pannonia is moved towards south-west a little(on a map) but by the river of Danube flowing through it on the north it must be part of Hungary originally, so Pannonia or simply Pécs is the right name.

I must confess my mistage when suggesting renaming of Istria to Slavonia. It should be renamed to Croatia (If I am right, medieval Croatia had at least 3 main regions: Slavoina, Croatia(on the seashore) and Dalmatia)
As many kingdoms suffer some "land loses"(Poland:lost Kuyawia, Great Poland, Pomorze etc.; France-the list would be very, very long, the same with most of kingdoms), also Croatia does. Let's live with it :)
let's give a word to our herold, hˇ's absolutely right...There are hundrets of areas that deserve an own province in KoH. Unfortunately that's beyond KoH's scope.

Angryminer

Cro_Knight
14-11-2004, 19:11
no it should be changed to slavonia no doubt croatia should also have bosnia in the first age