PDA

View Full Version : Ai

Irish
22-09-2004, 20:34
After hearing that the computer AI does not perform adequately in the battles, I have become very concerned with this game. If its going to be too easy, than it really doesn't appeal to me anymore. Does anyone have any more info on the AI in this game?

Maltro
22-09-2004, 20:59
Hi, where have you seen that AI is defficient? About the difficulty, there will be 3 levels of difficulty, I think it won't be too easy, but just wait 2 days...

Noldy
22-09-2004, 22:06
It has been said here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?p=55709#post55709)

NoC Lord Fire
23-09-2004, 00:05
There is online to solve that problem. Peresonaly i hate AI

NoC Lord Fire
23-09-2004, 00:06
I justo hope that mp will be on koh.com server and not on some gaming zone or whatever. I do not like those servers, to much info, and they are slow!

dearmad
23-09-2004, 00:10
Playing online is NOT a solution to bad AI- you CANNOT play this game strategically "online." If the AI is bad and cannot play the game, they should have made it an online ONLY game.

When will people stop excusing poor programming and such. Hold the producers accountable for their product.

I hope when I get the game that the AI is not bad, however.

NoC Lord Fire
23-09-2004, 00:12
Wow, wow...do not try to spoil my image of this game....for my this is going to be a bible for at least 1-2 years heheheh

NoC Lord Fire
23-09-2004, 00:13
These guys did a great job by providing somthing new. By the apperance, I thin that AI will also be on the level

Noldy
23-09-2004, 11:32
Everything on the level :go:

sera
24-09-2004, 09:53
Everything on the level :go:Crusader Kings from Paradox Entertainment has an AI that 8 months after the initial release still does not crusade. Hoping KoH's won't be quite as bad as that!

NIdragon
24-09-2004, 10:13
The game is also based on Multiplayer, for example in the Tower Mode you'll find a lot of human Knights ready to defeat you ehhehe.
The game against AI is a little part of KoH.

sera
24-09-2004, 11:27
The game against AI is a little part of KoH.Strongly disagree! For most players, including myself, multiplayer is not an option. A decent AI, preferrably one that does not need to cheat, is absolutely vital for proper enjoyment of the single player game in the long run. No offense intended, but frankly I'm a wee bit tired of online junkies constant and brash dictation of what is and is not important to a game based purely out of own self interest.

Irish
24-09-2004, 16:19
Strongly disagree! For most players, including myself, multiplayer is not an option. A decent AI, preferrably one that does not need to cheat, is absolutely vital for proper enjoyment of the single player game in the long run. No offense intended, but frankly I'm a wee bit tired of online junkies constant and brash dictation of what is and is not important to a game based purely out of own self interest.

I agree with your statement 100%. If I want a good multiplayer game, I'll have my friends over for Chess or Axis & Allies. WHat I am buying KOH for is a solid single player experience. The AI is VERY IMPORTANT to me.

hulkster225
24-09-2004, 16:27
YES, multiplayer is not the main feature of this game. Its the single player campaign, and for that to be an enjoyable experience the AI has to be good.

Noldy
24-09-2004, 22:03
I won the single player battle the first time and im not what you call a "veteran"in RTS games. Does this mean the AI is weak or they just put a easy level in the demo?

Mandragoron
24-09-2004, 22:34
I would count on the second part ;)