PDA

View Full Version : Demo impressions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BLOODUK
24-09-2004, 12:02
Considering i dont know german and i didnt know what i was doing
here are my brief impressions

AWSOME GRAPHICS : love the way clouds move , people go on about there work
icons and menus very colourful. The army units are nicely done too , didnt see any
zoom in feature perhaps there isnt one?

NICE SOUNDS : I like hearing the birds sing , the voice overs and the matching of forces against each other then the clinking of swords

WELL DONE MUSIC : Music is very good sounds classical :p

So my views are that is looking damn fine , considering i didnt know german i was already impressed well done to the devs in not using starforce it shows you know this game will sell well.

p.s The guy doing the intro sounded like someone from the third reich not being nasty it just sounded that way Deep and german :p

arcain
24-09-2004, 13:28
Nah, it is just a normal deep and warm voice in german language! It's sad that still so many people first think about the third reich or Hitler, when they come into contact with anything german. :sick:

arc

Webmaster
24-09-2004, 13:34
thats the reason why in movies the "evil" people nearly always speak german ... ok today, sometimes they get french voices ;P

shagrath_the_dead
24-09-2004, 13:35
lmao dude,i really know for sure that BLOODUK here didn't mean to bring it that way
we all respect the germans here man,we respect each others

Webmaster
24-09-2004, 13:38
it wasn't meant as offence ;)
repect is one of the mayor aspects of the EU and i am proud of being an european citicen !!!

Ernst
24-09-2004, 13:39
thats the reason why in movies the "evil" people nearly always speak german ... ok today, sometimes they get french voices ;PReally ? Zat is intéresting. I've always wondered what accent the villains had in German versions of James Bond.

Cabbale
24-09-2004, 13:43
Very small knowledge of German is really necessary. As the more advanced options are not running in the demo, a small dictionary, some flashes from my learning German in High School and a good knowledge of this kind of game were enough ;-)

Of course on my first game as Scotland, I found myself vassalized to Ireland as I tried to negotiate peace - and then my might (and my revenue) dropped as I declared independent. Then I got invaded by Ireland, plundered by rebels... Well, one must learn!

BLOODUK
24-09-2004, 13:44
It's sad that still so many people first think about the third reich or Hitler, when they come into contact with anything german. :sick:

arc

not being nasty it just sounded that way <---

Bohun
24-09-2004, 13:49
Nah, it is just a normal deep and warm voice in german language! It's sad that still so many people first think about the third reich or Hitler, when they come into contact with anything german. :sick:

arc
Germans have the best cars in the whole world!!
Greetings from polish Opel Vectra happy user!!
Germany rulez!!

Anguille2
24-09-2004, 13:50
Very small knowledge of German is really necessary. As the more advanced options are not running in the demo, a small dictionary, some flashes from my learning German in High School and a good knowledge of this kind of game were enough ;-)

Of course on my first game as Scotland, I found myself vassalized to Ireland as I tried to negotiate peace - and then my might (and my revenue) dropped as I declared independent. Then I got invaded by Ireland, plundered by rebels... Well, one must learn!

How long did you play?

BLOODUK
24-09-2004, 13:50
Opel Vectra happy user!!
!

/me pukes....

I prefer jap cars hence the sig ;)

Frank Fay
24-09-2004, 14:04
i loved my Minicooper most....that was a fab car

HappyAdolf
24-09-2004, 14:27
I got a Ford Scorpio, those who are not built anymore ;)

wallace1297
24-09-2004, 14:27
Hi everyone, first post even though i have been visiting here for months, actually since the website was created.

I know this is really silly but 2 problems on the map of Brtitain are,i have noticed they have placed Edinburgh up in the Lowlands where Aberdeen is, not in the lowlands below the forth of firth closer to York.

And also London they have placed above the Thames!

Anyway can't wait for the English version I like the interface and the main map. alll looks good and the music is great....well done.

Anyway just thought the devs might want to know this, even though it may be too late to change!

have a good day all :)

Frujin
24-09-2004, 14:49
I'm weird and I love french cars - I drive citroen :)

But my favorite of all times is Jaguar XJ200 :) (ergh, any Jaguar is fine actually) :)

Sir Turylon
24-09-2004, 15:05
Really ? Zat is intéresting. I've always wondered what accent the villains had in German versions of James Bond.

English with a touch of American. hahaha. just had to :)

BRETONNIAN_KNIGHT
24-09-2004, 15:09
;( im sad cause the english version isn't out :( i guess i will download the german demo.
anyone know when the english verision come out?

BLOODUK
24-09-2004, 15:18
Dont know Bret but im very unhappy with the newsletter basically saying in short terms They dont know when the english version demo will be out due to localisation issues.

Not good enough :(

BRETONNIAN_KNIGHT
24-09-2004, 15:21
Dont know Bret but im very unhappy with the newsletter basically saying in short terms They dont know when the english version demo will be out due to localisation issues.

Not good enough :(
yeah. the impression i got from the newsletter was that the english, french, and german version were coming out all at once. and i woke up extra early to download the demo :(

Noldy
24-09-2004, 15:54
I must say, this whole postponing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.