PDA

View Full Version : Zooming and demo impressions

Stefan
25-09-2004, 03:14
I realize the game is in 2D however is there any way to zoom in or zoom out the map. I find that im running into the same problem with cossacks, in order to get a better view im forced to buff my resolution, which can cause slowdowns (though a lot less so then with cossacks or AC) also how do i zoom into towns and such with the campagin map?

My impressions of the german demo so far (i dont speak german btw) are that the battles are not on par with RTW. IM assuming the campaign portion makes up for this, yet for MP it is quite dissappointing. The MP game reminded me of an advanced AOE2 more then anything and i found control/coordination more annoying then in RTW. Despite having virtually no resource mangement, i found the tower mode to still require a significant amount of micromangement, some people probably like this, i for one am not a fan of it. having to continuaally camp/uncamp units and babysit them around the map rather then really focus on massive battles and tacitcs (again like RTW) was not something i enjoyed. Likewise battles in tower mode and single battle mode were a bit on the small side, seemed around 500 units a side and despite people raving about the graphics i was not all that impressed. Needless i still had a bit of fun with KOH MP so we'll see what i think of it when the english demo comes out and i get more used to the controls.

Sir Jurand
25-09-2004, 04:19
I guess it comes to personal preferences whether you will chose KoH or a game such as R:TW. I personally am looking forward to both of them in a way that I like both managing-resourse allocating types of games and having major battles with hundreds of units.To be honest KoH is so far "leading" against R:TW when it comes to the managing issue while the opposite happens for the battles. On the other hand, the full version of R:TW might be offering more micromanagement and diplomacy stuff while the battles in KoH might also be a bit more interesting and simplistic when the sieges etc can also be played. The thing for the battles also is that in R:TW its all nice and shiny when it comes to watch the fights really close but at the end of the day, you WILL have to zoom out a bit in order to see how to command the whole army and that zoomed out view is a bit similar to the perspective at which we tend to see the KoH battles.