PDA

View Full Version : First international review

Pages : [1] 2

Frank Fay
26-09-2004, 14:05
I am happy to tell you that Strategy Informer rated Knights of Honor with 8.3.

You can read the review yourself here (http://www.strategyinformer.com/reviews/knightsofhonor.shtml) :

Finellach
26-09-2004, 15:58
Very good review. Personally I think the grade should have been higher for one point. :D :go:

Alfard
26-09-2004, 17:12
Nice, but I'll will rate the graphics at least an 9 !

Hector
27-09-2004, 11:43
yeah graphics are nice

CustodianV131
27-09-2004, 11:48
Great!

I so want to play! :)

Graphics will always be an issue with KoH since its 2D. Some people seem to think it can't be as good as 3D because its 2D.. silly of course, but what can you do about it.

King Yngvar
29-09-2004, 20:58
Myself gave the graphics an 8, and the rest 10. If by sound, they mean music... 10 is definately deserved there...

Bora
29-09-2004, 21:42
oh, sorry just posted that review again. didnt know from teh topic, that you mean the strategyinformer.com and its rated with a 8.3 not with a 8.0!!! :)

NightRaven
30-09-2004, 17:50
no more rewiews????

vanedor
30-09-2004, 19:15
Strange review.

From reading the text, I get the impression that he is going to give a 9.8 to the game. He doesnt mention anything negative, about it. Seems almost like a review Sunflower could have written to sell the game :)

I wonder if gamespot or gamespy are going to review it even if it's not published in the usa. The gamespot uk site doesnt seems to exist anymore.

Chris SI
05-10-2004, 17:07
Well guys, just because I like a game, doesn't mean it will get a ten in every category.

2 D visual tech means I wouldn't go for a ten in graphics, which are quite nice in the game, but not perfect by any means.

Sound is based on the limited number of music tracks, but the voice-overs are quite good, yet again, more variety would have been better. All the knights had an english accent, even the Muslim ones.

There are also some issues with the game map, when it shows terrain, you don't see your knights on the mini-map, and its sometimes confusing finding your forces.

A perfect game would have had to include more historical situations, once a game begins, history ends, as there is no game clock, you go as long as you have a dynasty and a castle left. Also, the tactical battles could use more work, moral is everything in the game.

I would have prefered to play the game a little longer before reviewing it, but we all have Dead lines.

Chris Stavros
Co-Director
Strategyinformer.com

Arcador
06-10-2004, 02:31
Gee man, don't take it too deep :P It was no need to do the review defense.
I agree the tactical battles might use some more options of the units (not saying that the current isn't enough). And moral is really everything in the game, that is how its ment to be (in the game). So that is why there are so many ways of modifying it.

As I've always said - different people different tastes. I blame noone. For example some people worship Doom 3 as 11/10 game. (which in my oppinion got nothing to catch except the gfx)

p.s. Cool site btw :)

Frujin
06-10-2004, 09:02
Welcome to our forum Chris :)

Do you still play the game?

Chris SI
06-10-2004, 16:54
Gee man, don't take it too deep :P It was no need to do the review defense.An explanation isn't a defense. I often visit forums I review games from, and after reviewing more than 50 games, defensive I'm not. I consider this more like feed-back, to see if I'm out of touch with the game, or acurate in what I thought.
I agree the tactical battles might use some more options of the units (not saying that the current isn't enough). And moral is really everything in the game, that is how its ment to be (in the game). So that is why there are so many ways of modifying it.I would like to see unit types be a little more important.

As I've always said - different people different tastes. I blame noone. For example some people worship Doom 3 as 11/10 game. (which in my oppinion got nothing to catch except the gfx)I don't pretend to be an expert on the perfect game, I just write what I feel. I don't think I even mentioned 'frame rate' or other arcane buzzwords in a review, my main criteria is, did I like it?

p.s. Cool site btw :)Thanks much. :hello:

Chris SI
06-10-2004, 16:56
Welcome to our forum Chris :) Glad to drop bye.

Do you still play the game?I do indeed, it is quite fun.

My time is always limited though, even as I write this I have begun the review of RTW, which other here have mentioned. So far, that game isn't better, just different.

Frujin
06-10-2004, 18:35
:) Chris, unit types ARE important :) ... I'm ready to proof my words anytime on the net :)

After the patch is released I'd be curious to hear your feedback one more time .. as the patch will fix many many minor issues and also will provide much more challange for the gamers. Especially in "hard" setting.

Lighthope
06-10-2004, 19:54
After the patch is released

When do you think the patch is going to be released? And will you be taking into consideration some of the suggestions made by the players? (Beyond minor tweaks. Can we expect some moderate to large changes or are you saving those for KOH 2?)

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Do not sweat the petty things, nor pet the sweaty things.

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net
--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org
--== Everlasting Films Call Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everlastingfilms

Chris SI
06-10-2004, 20:16
:) Chris, unit types ARE important :) ... I'm ready to proof my words anytime on the net :)

After the patch is released I'd be curious to hear your feedback one more time .. as the patch will fix many many minor issues and also will provide much more challange for the gamers. Especially in "hard" setting.I look forward to the patch. :)

The only thing I really didn't like was, every time I start the game, I had to watch the intro movie completely, there didn't seemto be a way to cut it short. It is a nice intro. but it gets old after a few playings, and does take several minutes.

As for unit types, as i mentioned, I haven't played it so much to a point where I noticed a major difference. My preferred army had 3-5 archer-type units, crossbowmen preferred, and 4 good ground units, men-at-arms preferred, and one horse unit, with 4 trebuchets for seige work.

I also found the best way to avoid wars is to avoid alliances, that is what ****s you in to more wars.

Frujin
06-10-2004, 20:30
After the patch (in hard) you will NEED more aliances ...

Chris SI
06-10-2004, 20:32
That would certainly be better.

I found alliances more of a burden really, allied armies never seemed to take the pressure off my kingdom.

Arcador
06-10-2004, 20:46
Take in mind the better units got better Base morale. Formations and stuff can turn the battle. You can have only pikemen and crossbowers but if not played right , they can be slayed by the units they suppose to counter. (sorry for talking mundane stuff, but I got my *** pretty kicked in the demo before catch the formation things)

How to be not happy with such game makers :P Thanks Frujin!