PDA

View Full Version : Making money

Pages : [1] 2

game-kabouter
26-09-2004, 15:27
I'm sorry if this question is a little stupid, but I need to know:

How do you make a lot of money in KoH, I mean in the beginning of the demo I have problems.

Thanks in advance... :)

HappyAdolf
26-09-2004, 15:41
Make your king and prince to err... don't know their name in English (well, no matter, the demo is German anyway :p) make them to "Kaufmänner" and let them trade with other countries.
Then get as many knights as possible and make them to a Kaufmann. Let them trade (not trade goods, but let them make "Goldhandel")
I always have 3 Marshals and the rest all Kaufmänner.
I had + 294 Money ;)

Finellach
26-09-2004, 16:03
Kaufmänner = Merchants ;)

Noldy
26-09-2004, 17:27
Yeah. Make a trade agreement with big and rich nations such as England, Castille, Germany and Russia. Then let your Merchants trade Gold with them. You get awful lot of money, but be sure you keep spending it! Or otherwise your inflation will get too high.

HappyAdolf
26-09-2004, 18:38
My inflation once was up to 140 % ^^
I just played a game with Scotland, conquered 5 provinces of England and made the rest of England to my vasall. Then I got some gold of them. Then I declared war on Navarra and after defeating most of their armies I made them my vasall, too.
Then I got much money from my traders and much money from my vasalls :D

the knightly sword
26-09-2004, 19:28
nahhh not only 3 marshallsthere is other ways makeing money = ween you begin make your king and prince merchants later hire 2 more marshalls , buy macht postion = kingdom power buy it to max . then we come to the conquer part now you atleast got 190+ in gold income , now conquer countrys the more provinces the more gold income :). but dont attack a country if it didnt declare war on you just use your mind make it hate till it declare war
then your free to go no 1 can tell you a ****. just watch out for the rebels :)

HappyAdolf
26-09-2004, 19:46
I had an income of 295 with my method even if I made no taxes and all people were happy because of no taxes ;)

Noldy
26-09-2004, 20:15
Thats something totally new Happy! Youre not being yourself, treating your population so gently like that. I only know the HappyAdolf who rules with the iron fist, lets his people pay high taxes, let them starve to death, smashing down bloody revolts, killing everything that stands in his way. That the HappyAdolf!! :D:D

game-kabouter
26-09-2004, 20:52
Oh okey he yhanks guys, I think I will play the demo once again.. hehehe :hello:

Vengaul
26-09-2004, 21:07
My only problem is being the language... o.O...

Well...at least im training in the open battlefield... 7x0 for me BWAHHAHA :D

And build stuff that is related to economy...it boosts alot..

Alfard
26-09-2004, 21:14
I was a poor King, but I'll captured 2 marshall's and recieved 24000 for their release :D

Vengaul
26-09-2004, 21:44
Hmm that means that war IS a good business :D:D:D

Sir Jurand
27-09-2004, 02:47
Actually the main problem that I see with making loads of money is inflation so I reckon that the best way of making decent money in a way to boost your economy is by ransoms. I mean these are rare but large sums of money that you can get ONCE and quickly "invest" them into buildings, troops etc without suffering from inflation in the long run

Sir Jurand
27-09-2004, 16:33
btw, does anyone know how the inflation is determined of whether to be high or low? I mean I know that the more money I got the more likely is to suffer from higher inflation but in some cases I have a terrible inflation when I have about 9000 gold but sometimes I have a very low one at 20000+ gold

HappyAdolf
27-09-2004, 16:56
@Sir Jurand:
Your infation rises if you get money but do not buy things from it.

@Noldy:
I DO kill all revolutioners :D
But I want my marshals to go in war and to kill all my enemies, not to wander around in my own land and killing weak rebels :p
And if I REALLY need money I make them pay war taxes, muahahahaa :D
And I really rule on the battlefield!
I defeated an army of swordsmen and bowmen with an army of only peasants!!
If i would have let the KI make the battle, I would've lost!!
I AM the greatest warrior ever :D

Angryminer
27-09-2004, 18:54
And I really rule on the battlefield!Whoops, wrong words.

Angryminer

the knightly sword
27-09-2004, 19:48
@Sir Jurand:
Your infation rises if you get money but do not buy things from it.

@Noldy:
I DO kill all revolutioners :D
But I want my marshals to go in war and to kill all my enemies, not to wander around in my own land and killing weak rebels :p
And if I REALLY need money I make them pay war taxes, muahahahaa :D
And I really rule on the battlefield!
I defeated an army of swordsmen and bowmen with an army of only peasants!!
If i would have let the KI make the battle, I would've lost!!
I AM the greatest warrior ever :D

if i really have to say it is`nt that hard to overcome army of swordsmen and bowmen
with only peasants !!!!! .it only require some tactics and brain :) . i had an army completly of peasants , i had war with thr rich king basterd of navvara .ween i arrived with my marshall richard with boat i discoverd that the enemy i was vs was
stronger then i espected . i setted my army on attack on my enemy.ween the battle started i used fast tactics ,first one is called double attack lock = there swordsmen tropp was marching ween they arived to the village i made an surprise attack and kept them busy till i sendid my other tropp with a sneak attack wich was aimed behind them , i used that tactic until there swordsmen
was outnumberd .2 swordsmen squads and 2 bowmen groups left :D. i took out the last
swordsmen :) so the poor bowmen they were slaughterd like pigs poor basterds they ran all way till there knight and i killed him 2 wich lead to victory :). but hey happy that was even really good by you :)

Darius
27-09-2004, 20:16
lol sword, sounds like you spent a lot of time making tactics :p
not that it is a bad thing :hello:
btw why aren't you on msn anymore?

the knightly sword
27-09-2004, 20:53
its just because we got test week :( in my gymnasium. we get test all the day until the end of this week. i alomst never get free time !!!!! :( only an hour or 2 and they are mostly spendid at night ween im finshed with studying

Darius
27-09-2004, 21:11
ah I see... I'm suposed to make fun of you now, aren't I? *sigh* here it goes...
nah nah, sword hasen't got any free time, nah nah! :cheers:
I'm just bored... waiting for the english demo :yawn: