PDA

View Full Version : how far from history?

Richard Plantagenet
26-11-2003, 05:41
Hi all!

I'm a new member on this forum and as my name suggests, I'm a big fan of the plantagenet empire and hence my interest in KOH.

I understand the fun factor in this game will always win against historical facts and therefore we can only play as the king of England rather than the head of the Plantagenet empire. But my question is how far from history is this game going to go?

e.g. will there be a lot of civil war in England?
Would the pope be ready to ex-communicate at his whim?
and most importantly, would there be Elanor of Aquintine? :angel:

many thanks in advance

:cheers:

Pikeman
26-11-2003, 08:10
Welcome, Rich.:)

1.I believe that the "early period" of the game starts well in the dark ages. Not quite sure when, though

2.You can play as head of the plantagenet empire, as long as you build it up yourself;). The right wedding policies, good war strategies and assassinating people who get in your way (who will rid me of this turbulant priest:angry:!) and you'll have your plantagenet empire, along with the rest of europe:cheers:. You might have to get a new wife, though, since I'm not sure about Elly.

Richard Plantagenet
26-11-2003, 11:14
Originally posted by Pikeman
(who will rid me of this turbulant priest:angry:!)

You might have to get a new wife, though, since I'm not sure about Elly.

thanks Piky M8! didn't know there'd be another fan of the Henry II around here!

wot? no Elly? life is not worth living anymore. or.... I could go and find Anne ;)

Frank Fay
28-11-2003, 09:19
If you expect KoH to be an interactive history book then it will be disappointing for you, but if you expect it to be the most historical accurate Medieval game so far, then we think KoH will serve good.

We had to scarifice some historical stuff or change it in the matter of fun and also as you know the Middle Ages were a cruel time, you wont find anything here either. KoH is designed to be pure entertainment :)

Richard Plantagenet
02-12-2003, 23:00
thanks Frank!

most accurate medieval game so far? that sounds very promising and ambitious! but then again, based on what I have seen / read so far, KOH does seem to live up to my expectations.
:cheers:

Lord Nicko
03-12-2003, 00:05
Originally posted by Frank Fay
If you expect KoH to be an interactive history book then it will be disappointing for you, but if you expect it to be the most historical accurate Medieval game so far, then we think KoH will serve good.

We had to scarifice some historical stuff or change it in the matter of fun and also as you know the Middle Ages were a cruel time, you wont find anything here either. KoH is designed to be pure entertainment :)

Sounds good to me!- there aint to many games out there that are, tis good to see KoH are on the ball!

Arjenvs
03-12-2003, 14:53
If you expect KoH to be an interactive history book then it will be disappointing for you,

:yawn:

but if you expect it to be the most historical accurate Medieval game so far, then we think KoH will serve good.

Don't think you can achieve that....cause can't think of a more historical accurate *realtime* strategy game as Europa Universalis II....and is sequel...Crusader Kings....

But do think this game will be better...cause it is more in detail... and bigger and better graphics...and can go on in this for too long......:cheers: