PDA

View Full Version : I hope this was not...

Sir Turylon
28-09-2004, 09:14
Well.. tried out that "surprise" demo in English.
first game.. ranked #9 overall in world as Scotland. Destroyed Norway and was working on Sweden. Had alliances with England, Denmark, Muscovy.. and roughly 20 trade pacts...

Few things...

A) awesome... just plain.... awesome potential.
B) It seemed all the AIs liked using a bunch of peasents. hehe.
C) I nearly burst out laughing when I faced down 360 peasent army with 190 army and all 360 peasents surrendered leaving the knight by himself. (my two feudal knights took care of him)
D) Mercenaries are very well implemented.
E) It is a tad... difficult to make your way around the map.
F) Trading is fairly nice... was making 190 gold in trade before I got rid of a merchant.
G) formations.... formations... very difficult to put units into formations... will have to try this in battle modes. ;)

over-all.. excellent job... this will definitely deprive me of some $

FYI.... KoH ran great on my P2 400 mhz with 512mb ram.
So all you people out there with computers with less than min specs... give the demo a try.

King Yngvar
29-09-2004, 15:58
You should have gotten further up than 9th...

I only held York, Ulster (and took Flanders from Germany just as the game quitted) in addition to the Scottish provinces... Though Ireland (controlling England) was my vassal.
That was 11th on the ranking, my vassal and ally Ireland was 12th and my good ally France was 3rd.

game-kabouter
29-09-2004, 16:29
I ranked 4th in my second game as Scotland. Ireland took care of Wales AND most of England, then I attacked Ireland an held GB and Ireland and then the game ended, 4th :cheers:

This demo definently confinced me to buy this good game, good job BSS and the rest.. :)

Sir Turylon
29-09-2004, 17:57
how many marshals did ya'll have? I was working with only 3. 2 over in Sweden/Norway and one back in my starting two provinces. England was ranked first, Germany second, some arabian kingdoms, then couple other European countries. I coulda gotten higher, but the game ends as soon as you get 6th province... rebels were popping out allover the place. lol... happiness was hard to control.

King Yngvar
29-09-2004, 19:59
First I had one, Earl William, he defeated an Irish army invading me (after that battle they became my vassals). I soon became more and more friendly with them (as well as France) and the Celtic-Frankish alliance was about to begin, my first ally (and ally till the end of him) was Norway.
Umm, I had two most of the time but soon I understood that was too little, the war against Sweden (where I saved Hordaland and took Trønderlag, giving it to Norway), I had one in Scotland and one in Norway (the one in Norway being Earl William). Then Ireland invaded England and I decided to jump in to secure at least York and Ulster before the Irish took it. Made a new marshall and invaded Ulster and had my marshall in Scotland to invade York. York was an endless battlefield so I decided to send Earl William there, leaving Norway to their own (concidering I had crushed two Swedish armies and given Norway their province back). After the war with England (them being destroyed completely by the tripple alliance), I kept on having three marshalls, one to take care of rebels in Ulster, one to guard Scotland and Earl William in York. I made another marshall during this peace period.

Then it seemed, the whole of Europe was attacking Germany and I decided to get some leftovers before the yellow spot was gone from the map, divided between France and Poland. William set sail for Flanders, the last province of Germany. Swedish armies had just taken Friesland, Poland was closing in on the eastern borders and it was a race between me and my allies who would take the city first, William met his first defeat there, during the mindless assault of Flanders. I managed to get him out of there but he had lost his whole army, I sent him back to Scotland, at the same time sending two more knights to Flanders. They arrived at the city walls same time as the Irish, luckily, when the walls broke, I recieved the town... Then I guess the old king, Duncan had gotten enough, "Time to meet my creator" he said, and the game was over...