PDA

View Full Version : Fog of War

Lord Nicko
27-11-2003, 02:11
Will there be a Fog of War option in this game?

Cork2
27-11-2003, 02:14
Looking at the screenshots i haven't seen any fog of war. I hope there is no fog of war.

Jerome
27-11-2003, 11:03
interesting point,

since the game is real-time, how will you monitor enemy troops movement in other realms? can you?

and how will you know when an enemy is crossing your lands or even invading before he is actually knocking at the gates...? will you have to build watchtowers or something?

:angel:

Trax
27-11-2003, 15:08
You should be able to see what is happening in your kingdom, but the troop movements in other kingdoms should be concealed (unless you have a spy there).

Lord Sandman
27-11-2003, 15:54
I totally agree. In my opinion idea of FOW which is in Europa Uniwersalis II is very good idea. We know some information about borders other countries, but we can't see what type and amount of armies is in country, which is far away from our kingdom.
This option makes sense and many other options of spying...

Jerome
27-11-2003, 16:07
good comments guys!

i agree that you should be able to see what happens in your own realms. And maybe you should be able to see armies in other realms aswell, but not get any info on them, unless you have a spy there...

still; if you have a large empire (like i will ;) ), you cant be bothered with checking your borders for passing armies all the time... will there be some kind of borderpatrol? anyone who rings a bell, once enemies start invading? cause i hate surprises...;)

Arjenvs
27-11-2003, 18:14
Good comments indeed!!...

And I think there will be a fog of war....it is not realistic if there is not.....

And about the borderpatrol....think there will be some kind of massage..when the first soldiers are attacked.....but before that the country must declare war on you...i think....so you know from where the cn come.....

Cork2
27-11-2003, 19:15
You should also be able to see your ally.

Arjenvs
27-11-2003, 23:37
Originally posted by Cork2
You should also be able to see your ally.

Or a country with a royal marriage with you....

Frank Fay
28-11-2003, 08:51
In WV there is a realm based fog-of-war, which "decloaks" once you entered a realm. But there are also espionage and diplomatic actions which will affect it too:D

Fog covers the units / armies but not buildings, terrain etc. We will release screenshots in the future where you will see it.

Lord Sandman
28-11-2003, 10:43
Sounds good to me

Jerome
28-11-2003, 10:51
i guess that means a border patrol will be necessary...

:king:

Arjenvs
01-12-2003, 09:07
Sounds good!!!!

Originally posted by Jerome
i guess that means a border patrol will be necessary...

:king:

Duuhh....very realistic too!!!:hello: