PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy

Sir Turylon
28-09-2004, 22:10
Wel. First off.. the diplomacy is nice and in-depth. Lots of things you can do with it. Few problems arise from playing demo though. No zoom in political view makes selecting a country tough if it is all the way across Europe. Finding out how much trade you can obtain from a country is also a tedious task. Click on county, click shield, click trade information button... find out that kingdom would only give 5 gold, close window and repeat over and over again. Just seems like a small issue... but would greatly increase playability imho.

Other thing was... why is it so easy to convince another country into an alliance? haha. two counties and I was having France, with 13 counties, at my beck and call. (maybe they feared my 4 highlanders...)

Frank Fay
28-09-2004, 22:19
play on a higher difficulty and tell me if it is still easy?:-)

Frujin
29-09-2004, 00:53
Sir Turylon,

1) No need to close the window, just select another country.
2) No need to look at that window at all. Trading is intuitive, later I'll post in detail how it works, but now just have in mind these rules:
- bigger kingdom measn higher profit
- good relationship means higher profit

:) I.e. trade with biiiig kingdom, with which you have veeery "green" relationship and you will have biiig proft :)

Sir Turylon
29-09-2004, 04:04
Sir Turylon,

1) No need to close the window, just select another country.
2) No need to look at that window at all. Trading is intuitive, later I'll post in detail how it works, but now just have in mind these rules:
- bigger kingdom measn higher profit
- good relationship means higher profit

:) I.e. trade with biiiig kingdom, with which you have veeery "green" relationship and you will have biiig proft :)

hehe. yeah.. it is fairly intuitive in finding out who you can make the most off of. One thing I find VERY helpful is the kingom ranking screen. :go: on that one. I also like how the game is so random in trade. First game, I was pulling in well over 350 gold... with 4 provinces... second... barely made 40 gold... just finished one ranked #6 in total trade... small countries seemed to have one marshall and the rest were merchants. hehe.

@Frank
Well Frank, I convinced France into a military alliance which included Germany and England... I don't think that was "easy" hehe. (later on Germany attacked France and I lost my 60 gold trade income. gah)

King Yngvar
29-09-2004, 20:44
play on a higher difficulty and tell me if it is still easy?:-)

Exactly :)