PDA

View Full Version : Map sizes

Lord Nicko
27-11-2003, 03:08
The maps look large which is great to see!.

Does anyone know if there is one map size or multi map sizes- ie. small, medium, large, huge, really huge.

Also anyone know the actually pixels width and height of the largest map?

Frank Fay
27-11-2003, 07:22
The largest map is the World View map where you will see ALL Europe on one map. When you look at the WV shots with switched on interface, you may notice the small rectangle in the work in progress Minimap, which represents the current screen. Imagine how big it is :-)

Lord Nicko
27-11-2003, 07:34
Yes I noticed that! - the main world map must be really huge then-cool :)

So I persume in multiplayer mode if you where playing in teams (allies), you could have two players located on the far left side of the map and two players located on the far right side of the map
giving friend and foe plenty of space to expand and explore before they encounted each other?

Also with the world map being so large im guessing it will take a long to load when first starting the game. Hope it wont cause to much lag whilst playing.!!

Arjenvs
27-11-2003, 18:08
Originally posted by Frank Fay
The largest map is the World View map where you will see ALL Europe on one map. When you look at the WV shots with switched on interface, you may notice the small rectangle in the work in progress Minimap, which represents the current screen. Imagine how big it is :-)

:go: :go: :go:

I noticed that allready...very cool!!

Cork2
27-11-2003, 19:25
Multiplayer is battles only. It woun't be like the single player. You will get to play battles like Battle of Hastings and other battles. Also i heard there is a map generator, put in some settings and it makes the map. I could be mistaken.

Arjenvs
27-11-2003, 23:59
Originally posted by Cork2
Multiplayer is battles only. It woun't be like the single player. You will get to play battles like Battle of Hastings and other battles. Also i heard there is a map generator, put in some settings and it makes the map. I could be mistaken.

Really??? can't you play the normal game??

Elewyn
28-11-2003, 00:05
Originally posted by Arjenvs
Really??? can't you play the normal game??

I guess there can't be..

But I hope there will be a map editor...:cheers:

Arjenvs
28-11-2003, 00:07
Originally posted by Elewyn
I guess there can't be..

But I hope there will be a map editor...:cheers:

don't think it is strange...that is isn't possible...but a pity though...

map editor.....YES!!!!!hope so:angel:

Lord Nicko
28-11-2003, 00:08
there is a random map generator where you can set preferences-they didnt say what preferences. Doubt it if you will be able to totally customise the map - but i'll guess we will have to wait and see!

Frank Fay
28-11-2003, 08:48
You can play in multiplayer also historical battles, like hastings.
Regarding the options / preferences for the random map, our focus is here replayability. Means there will be some customization options. I dont want to spoil all but you can decide terrain type, game type (castle defence, open battle field etc.), map size, no. of players, geography etc.

Not to forget that you can buy in the skirmish mode your perfect army. You can buy Knights and all units who are in the game.

Arjenvs
30-11-2003, 23:22
Originally posted by Frank Fay
You can play in multiplayer also historical battles, like hastings.
Regarding the options / preferences for the random map, our focus is here replayability. Means there will be some customization options. I dont want to spoil all but you can decide terrain type, game type (castle defence, open battle field etc.), map size, no. of players, geography etc.

Not to forget that you can buy in the skirmish mode your perfect army. You can buy Knights and all units who are in the game.

Sounds good to me!!!!!!:go: