PDA

View Full Version : How does trading work in detail?

eobet
28-09-2004, 22:57
I felt this deserved its own thread.

How, exactly, does trading work? I have dedicated a prince to becoming a merchant, struck a trading deal, and made a building (horse breeder) which apparently produced a tradeable good. But where can I see the actual trading going on? I'd like to see some statistics of it.

Could anyone explain in detail?

Sir Turylon
29-09-2004, 03:57
tradable goods are produced by buildings. I do not think you have any control over if an opponent will trade for one. If you have it, they might trade for it...

Monetary trading is a bit easier. just make a trade agreement, assign a merchant to the route and he makes money. Depends on level of merchant and also on the overall kingdom size of the country you're trading with. trading with larger countries seems to also increase the amount of gold coming in.

If you trade for goods,it is easy to find out which ones. They are located on the merchant avatars. Also, you can see your trade income in the kingdom treasury screen. You can also see what exotic goods you are importing via an Amdiralty (not availiable in demo) in the treasury screne.

eobet
01-10-2004, 10:54
Aha, it still sounds confusing, but thank you for the help.

Arcador
02-10-2004, 11:48
Advanced structures require different trade goods, but they are dissabled in the demo.