PDA

View Full Version : Portugal information is a bit off... (English Demo)

Crushyerbones
29-09-2004, 20:06
First of all, I would like to say registered just so I could type this.

Second of all: Good game so far, I really like the fact I can play as my homeland! :hello:

Now for the bad part:
1- On the Portugal info, just before you start a game on Europe, it says something like "Afonso claimed independance from Spain in 1928". I'm not really sure where you got that from, but the real story is as follows:

Two knights were "hired" by Castille (not sure on this one) to fight for the king and destroy the infidels, one of them was Afonso.
As a reward they where both granted different parts of the kings realm to rule, Afonso got the princity (spelling?) of "Portus calle" and a wife (not sure if she was a princess tough).

A bit later, Afonso had a son, "Afonso Henriques", which hinherited the throne and fought a battle against his own mother, which supported Castille, unlike Henriques, which wanted independance.

In 1943, his mother's supporters where defeated and Henriques was crowned King of Portugal. In 1949 the Pope awknoledged this.

2- Unfortunatly, the quest for Portugals independance, which could have made the game more interesting on the early middle ages, doesn't seem to be in... (or so I've heard)

3- Just something funny, not really a big problem, I was playing Scotland and Portugal conquered Castille and managed to be a major power, a bit strange considering we spent the middle ages trying to get England to protect us :p

Crushyerbones
29-09-2004, 20:11
I'm posting this on another message just so the original post doesn't get any more confusing.

WHAT THE HELL IS "TAGO"? I've never heard of a province named Tago...

Maybe you mean "Guimarães"? Which used to be the capital?

Wait a sec... Oh no... :nono: You placed Lisbon where Oporto is... :sick: