PDA

View Full Version : Weather?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cork2
27-11-2003, 18:53
IS there weather in this game or storms? Like raining or snowing or tornadoes or earthquakes?

BLOODUK
27-11-2003, 19:33
There are clouds passing overhead in the game, but weather i dont know :eek:

Elewyn
27-11-2003, 23:31
:) I was just thinkin about how the clouds are nice..not about the weather... maybe, I love poetry too much:D

But that's what I want to know...

Overdose
28-11-2003, 03:27
It would be cool if it did snow in winter time in the northen parts of europe, alps and other big mouantin regions :)

Jerome
28-11-2003, 10:29
all i know is there's gonna be a day/night cycle...

about the weather i dont know....

Elewyn
28-11-2003, 11:23
I'm a little affraid that there's really only day/night cycle and not year seasons. I remember thet devs. said that there are no years counting.
But in the other hand, if there will be a rain, there would snow instead in mountain regions

Overdose
28-11-2003, 14:14
Wicked :d

Lord Nicko
29-11-2003, 06:04
Weather would be a good game element-
eg. Rain would make the ground boggy slowing down your army. Snow could stop them in there tracks and even kill them- imagine seeing frozen troops lying around :)
To overcome these you would have to have certain supplies in your supply wagons- ie clothing-food-dry fuel for fires etc.

Saying all this though it would probably be huge demand on PC and cause the game to lag big time!

Es.
29-11-2003, 22:40
Originally posted by Lord Nicko
Weather would be a good game element-
eg. Rain would make the ground boggy slowing down your army. Snow could stop them in there tracks and even kill them- imagine seeing frozen troops lying around :)
To overcome these you would have to have certain supplies in your supply wagons- ie clothing-food-dry fuel for fires etc.

Saying all this though it would probably be huge demand on PC and cause the game to lag big time!
As a dev probaly would put it.
We don't wan't this game to be about micro managment.
Which supply wagons indead are.

Pikeman
30-11-2003, 11:55
Even if you don't control them, supply wagons would be a nice detail. You don't necessarily have to control all that you see. If you would control them, however, they would be micromanagement, I agree.

Lord Nicko
30-11-2003, 23:31
Why would you guys say supply wagons would be micro managment- whats the difference if your army is towing a Treb, ballista or a Supply wagon?

Managing the contents of the supply wagons might be micro mangaging but that could be auto done by the computer. Ie when your wagon runs out of goods they go back and get more or just get abandoned and go to ruins!

Pikeman
01-12-2003, 08:22
I didn't say supply wagons were micromanagement. I said that they would be micromanagement if you controled them. Having them like the peasants (I.E. Walking around and doing stuff, but not under your control), then I think they would be quite a nice detail.

Es.
01-12-2003, 10:35
Originally posted by Lord Nicko
Why would you guys say supply wagons would be micro managment- whats the difference if your army is towing a Treb, ballista or a Supply wagon?

Managing the contents of the supply wagons might be micro mangaging but that could be auto done by the computer. Ie when your wagon runs out of goods they go back and get more or just get abandoned and go to ruins!
That means you want a uncontrolable factor in the game, deseding how well your troops fight.
Ohhh **** no more warm cloth, guess thats why ½ my army died before they reached the battel.
Not so good a feature.
But sure it won't bother me to have them as simpel grafic, like smoke raising from houses and flags blowing in the wind, but thats it.
If you make the supply wagons supply your army with something, that means you will have to spend time controling the wagons and what goods they bring to your army, and then we are talking micro managment.

Arjenvs
01-12-2003, 17:08
Originally posted by Es.
That means you want a uncontrolable factor in the game, deseding how well your troops fight.
Ohhh **** no more warm cloth, guess thats why ½ my army died before they reached the battel.
Not so good a feature.
But sure it won't bother me to have them as simpel grafic, like smoke raising from houses and flags blowing in the wind, but thats it.
If you make the supply wagons supply your army with something, that means you will have to spend time controling the wagons and what goods they bring to your army, and then we are talking micro managment.

don´t have to be like that....there also can be some multiple options.....in how to control them....and how they have to act.....like some way in between......(i like micromanagement....makes the game playing time longer!!!!)

Es.
01-12-2003, 20:47
By the way if you want supply wagon you might see one on this screen shot :p
http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0002_t.jpg

Lord Nicko
02-12-2003, 00:23
Originally posted by Es.
Not so good a feature.

Hmm - I think your missing my point!
Supplywagon are a major part of any battle - no supplies no army! Like I said "Managing the contents of the supply wagons might be micro mangaging but that could be auto done by the computer." All you got to do is make sure the wagons are active and doing the job- a lot lilke the rest of your army be it- soldiers- seige weapons-etc. :)

Lord Nicko
02-12-2003, 00:29
Originally posted by Es.
By the way if you want supply wagon you might see one on this screen shot :p
http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0002_t.jpg

For those who dont want to use a magnify glass look here: :cheers:
http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0002.jpg

Cork2
02-12-2003, 01:09
http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx...cr_koh_0002.jpg

Hmm so there are supply wagons.

BTW how did we get from weather to Supply wagons. :D

Elewyn
02-12-2003, 08:06
Originally posted by Cork2

By the rain and mudy roads, I guess.
But it's good to talk about them, they're important

Arjenvs
02-12-2003, 13:16
Originally posted by Cork2

I was wondering the same thing.....:D ....

Nice screenshot.....did not see the supply wagon yet!!! cool!!!!