PDA

View Full Version : Leaders

Black Cat
29-09-2004, 23:06
Playing the Demo and I wonder if you get more then 9 Leaders in the full Game ?

It seems hardly enough to build a large Empire with if you want Traders, Marshalls and Land Lords in many provinces.

King Yngvar
30-09-2004, 00:30
Ye, I would hope so. Specially concidering the fact that you want to have some economy flowing, needing merchants for that, so maybe you can only use 4-5 (max 6) marshalls if you want to survive economically. Controlling all of Europe with that seems an impossible task.

Wynche
01-10-2004, 04:12
You don't actually need all that many merchants once you get some advance in the game (conquer some provinces, build some buildings). Even at some time, you get so much money you don't know where to spend it, and inflation comes :cool: (I drop all taxes when this happens, oh am I not the people's favourite Queen!... :hug: Peace and love!)

So once you're OK with money, all merchants can free slots for marshalls.
The problem is if you need a resource, e.g. horses, and you don't have the resource in your provinces... so if you want to have cavalry, you need to import horses... and that keeps one slot occupied with the merchant who imports the horses...
I guess that will make me attack a province which has horses in it, just for the resource, and then I'll dump the merchant :dwink:

I got another "slot-problem" though. I want to have a broad and mighty spy-network - ideally, I'd like to have a spy in every single European court :rolleyes: But currently I can afford only one or two :nono:

Generally, I believe the 9-slots decision is meant to make the game a little more challenging... because then you have to manage your knights much more effectively. Plus, where in Europe could there exist an army which can fight wars on 9 different fronts?! I think, it is more realistic as it is now. In real life, if you are currently busy with one war, it is best to make sure nobody else attacks you (you bribe them if they try; you marry off your daughter to their son; or you even urge your allies to attack them to keep them off your borders...)