PDA

View Full Version : UUs?

Gorgoroth
28-11-2003, 13:47
I am not sure that this was discussed before or not, so my question is: will there be UUs [unique units] in the game for all nations/kingdoms/empires? KoH will have UUs at all?

If yes than 1/nation or even more? Also can you [dev or admin] tell me some examples?
I know that this is not civ3, but I've always loved the idea of UUs. :cool:

Elewyn
28-11-2003, 14:04
Originally posted by Gorgoroth
I am not sure that this was discussed before or not, so my question is: will there be UUs [unique units] in the game for all nations/kingdoms/empires? KoH will have UUs at all?

If yes than 1/nation or even more? Also can you [dev or admin] tell me some examples?
I know that this is not civ3, but I've always loved the idea of UUs. :cool:

I guess you will be dissapointed.There's only 25 units and 26 nations, these numbers are not good for this idea. But I hope there will be as much as possible.
Examples?
Templar knights, longbpwmen, Teutonic knights, Highland warriors and...Vikings I think. These are already known..
Yea, they're all from the West(maybe not teutonics),so I hope there will be possible at least e.i. Hungarian light cavalry archers:angel:

Frank Fay
28-11-2003, 16:00
In fact the Knights are our uniqe units. No Knight will be like the other which makes them unique.

Regarding your reference about local available units. Yes we have 25+ different unit types and all of them cant be build everywhere.

Elewyn: We have unit types from all over Europe and from Eastern Europe too.

Frujin
28-11-2003, 17:55
Well, I do not know what you mean when asking for "unique units". For example, only Byzantium can make Cataphract cavalry and only Middle-North France can make Templars and only Scandinavian Kingdoms can make Vikings. Are these uniqe according to your definitions or not?! :)

G_R
28-11-2003, 22:31
I would like to ask -can these knights participate in a real battle-not just make orders from a hill near by :D ?
And another thing what will be Bulgaria's unique unit?

Gorgoroth
28-11-2003, 23:12
Thanks for the infos, hmm maybe we will have more UUs with a future expansion. :cool:

Irish
29-11-2003, 06:03
I think there will probably be like 10 or 15 unique units like Viking Berserkers, English Longbowmen, Tutonic Knights, Etc. I think every region will have its own pikemen, bowmen, swordsmen, etc., but each regions units will look different like Swedish Halbersman will equal French Pikeman, etc....So while there are 25 unit types, I think there will be possibly alot more different looking units....

Frank Fay
29-11-2003, 10:04
And another thing what will be Bulgaria's unique unit?

Bulgaria alone has no unique unit. We divided Europe in regions / territories. I cant reveal these units atm.

would like to ask -can these knights participate in a real battle-not just make orders from a hill near by ?

No, the Knights can battle and if they do they affect the behaviour of their own troops but you have to look after them. If they die the whole battle can change (for both sides).

@Irish: In fact all units cant be produced everywhere. And yes you are right, a swedish Helbardier and an English Helbardier will look a lot different through the colours and banners.

Arjenvs
01-12-2003, 16:39
Originally posted by Frank Fay

@Irish: In fact all units cant be produced everywhere. And yes you are right, a swedish Helbardier and an English Helbardier will look a lot different through the colours and banners.

sounds like UU´s to me....:cheers:

Elewyn
02-12-2003, 07:13
Originally posted by Arjenvs
sounds like UU´s to me....:cheers:

So then we'll have 26x25 different units...THROUGH THE COLOURS AND BANNERS:angel:

Pikeman
02-12-2003, 09:00
So it's not just 25 units? Let's Paaaahteeeee!!:cheers: :bday: :cheers: :bday: :cheers: :bday: :cheers: :bday: :cheers:

Gorgoroth
02-12-2003, 10:04
Originally posted by Pikeman
So it's not just 25 units? Let's Paaaahteeeee!!:cheers: :bday: :cheers: :bday: :cheers: :bday: :cheers: :bday: :cheers:

We will have PIKEMEN for sure! :D

Arjenvs
02-12-2003, 13:18
Originally posted by Pikeman
So it's not just 25 units? Let's Paaaahteeeee!!:cheers: :bday: :cheers: :bday: :cheers: :bday: :cheers: :bday: :cheers: :cheers:

Jeremiah
03-12-2003, 22:17
:cheers:

Greeny
04-12-2003, 07:44
Longbows are all that matter ;)