PDA

View Full Version : Who has it and what are your impressions?

Pioneer
01-10-2004, 16:33
Well?

I do and impressions will follow soon. There is thread for UK players (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=2224) only, so this is worth opening.

edit: i have started a Late game as the Byzantines. The music is beautiful and the controls are easily mastered. Having only being playing for a few minutes, I cannot say too much. Byzantium has only Thrace, Solun and Nicaea. Serbia and the Ottomans are two powerful neighbours. Turnovo and Dobrudzha are two other less powerful neighbours. I will see if the two last mentioned can be restored. Currently the Byzantine Empire is weak. Serbia, for instance, would only strike a trade deal in return for a royal marriage of the Princess Elena. I will play on and report back.

Pioneer
01-10-2004, 16:38
They want me to disable my CD writer programs - very annoying. Rome Total War has no problem with them despite what some said. Not everyone with that software is a pirate. Floppy disks are rubbish meaning that writers are good place for material.

edit: it was only Blindwrite and I only had a demo of that.

Pioneer
01-10-2004, 21:27
Upon the death of my ruler, Basileus Andronicus III during an ill-fated expedition to the Lebanon, Serbia demanded Nicaea, which I denied them. They invaded. I had earlier taken Hellas with some help from Serbia. That ravaged province rebelled again and again, particularly when the Serbs invaded. I did at that point take a break with a bout of Rome Total War as a change of scenery. Although there does seem to be a certain excess of screens - some could be centralised on the main map screen, if only in summary form - the game is immensely enjoyable and easy to play.