PDA

View Full Version : New features please!

Xaero
01-10-2004, 16:45
Hello, i just wanted to suggest some features, to make a long story short here i go

1.Make tons of knight portraits.
2.When you bould a moat the moat doesnt appear aroun the castle.
3.Make a local landlord, builder or merchant not from the royal court, But every castle could have one and one at a castle.
4.Make more building slots (atleast 3 ;-\).
5.Make more knight skills.
6.Build some roads on the map! ;)
7.If a marshal has all soldiers with horses he would move 20%-30% Faster.
8.Show spy exp. and success percentage.
9.make Tribute - not only money or land but + resourses, army, pay gold per day or smth.
10.Show the years! + kings exact age ;) not young oldert etc.
11.On a minimap political view outline the country borders with black color and also country color brighter.
12.In you castle you can destroy buildings instantly, dont do that, make some time as for example landlord removal from castle takes time.So it would be like that if you want to raze a building there should be 2 types, Fast - you get no percentage money back from building and slow building would go down slower but you get say... 30% mone back.
13.Make more kings skills and that you could manage them + you coul let your young prine's go to school then university(something like war school diplomacy ect)
14.Make useless work force gather food or gold, paiety or books when all buildings ar built or workers idle.
15.When you capture a enemy marshal you could as a land ransom,or atack another country, stop war or reveal spy's or smth.
16.When you win a game you shoul be able to choose to play further or not!(I have demo so i dont know if this feature is available.)
17.Mercenaries- you can bould up youre army very quicly with mercenaries, so merc. should require some money upkeep. and if merc. are from different religion you would suffer in a paity desrese.
18.You should be able to queue buildings in a castle.
19.a bug. When you trade lets say with France for money and you open a new trade route with a merchant you still can see france as new route for money but when you press on france they only offer resources.
20.Trade route. If you trade with a distant land, some lands in the way of the trade route should get some benefit too.

Thank you for reading. As i know the game hit stores today! so lets hope youl make a patch or smtng. I was very pleased when i found my country Lithuania in the country list and i enjoy the Demo very much :)

P.S please dont mind the grammar!
Best regards Xaero :hello:

Arcador
01-10-2004, 22:23
I think the full version got many more portraits.
Do not get offended but I think most of the things you suggest have been very well revised by the creators and decided the way they are is good for the gameplay and balance.

18. Is good. Queing will be comfortable.
11. Will bring interfacing help too :)

I got several more. When a country is sending you a message or audence, there must be button to see it on the map (the country) (like centering, flashing or sth) Sometimes happens some countries to become very far from the place they become. (In the demo I was moved with the Scotlands to the central europe)

Lighthope
02-10-2004, 02:13
1.Make tons of knight portraits.

That would be a nice touch. Wonder if the full version has more.

2.When you bould a moat the moat doesnt appear aroun the castle.

Yeah, there should be a moat.

3.Make a local landlord, builder or merchant not from the royal court, But every castle could have one and one at a castle.

No. The whole idea of having to pull him from the court is to force you to manage your resources and make choices.

5.Make more knight skills.

There's a lot there. I can't think of any additional skills needed off hand.

7.If a marshal has all soldiers with horses he would move 20%-30% Faster.

That would be more realistic.

9.make Tribute - not only money or land but + resourses, army, pay gold per day or smth.

Isn't that what a vassel does?

10.Show the years! + kings exact age ;) not young oldert etc.

I wonder if the Royal Court can die early, like from a disease or accident, not just from old age or battle.

12.In you castle you can destroy buildings instantly, dont do that, make some time as for example landlord removal from castle takes time.So it would be like that if you want to raze a building there should be 2 types, Fast - you get no percentage money back from building and slow building would go down slower but you get say... 30% mone back.

Maybe, yeah.

15.When you capture a enemy marshal you could as a land ransom,or atack another country, stop war or reveal spy's or smth.

That's a godo idea.

17.Mercenaries- you can bould up youre army very quicly with mercenaries, so merc. should require some money upkeep. and if merc. are from different religion you would suffer in a paity desrese.

True. Mercenaries should require upkeep.

Maybe not. Buildings take so long to build that the situation might change between the time you put it into a queue and when it actually starts.

19.a bug. When you trade lets say with France for money and you open a new trade route with a merchant you still can see france as new route for money but when you press on france they only offer resources.

Yeah, that has to be a bug.

20.Trade route. If you trade with a distant land, some lands in the way of the trade route should get some benefit too.

Since trading from a long way away doesn't include a time penalty for travel, there shouldn't be a bonus, either.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - What do you mean "I'm fired"?! I thought slaves were sold!

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net
--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org
--== Everlasting Films Call Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everlastingfilms

Henrik
02-10-2004, 02:35

I agree with you - i.e. i think that we all prefer to build our buildings in a certain order everytime we play - so why not make this possible for us.

I also think that the construction time is an issue - IMO it takes too long, so "speed" the "clock" up so it only take 5 sec. instead of the aprox. 10 sec. - i think it would help a lot !

just my 2c

Lighthope
02-10-2004, 05:13
I also think that the construction time is an issue - IMO it takes too long, so "speed" the "clock" up so it only take 5 sec. instead of the aprox. 10 sec. - i think it would help a lot !

I have to disagree with this. Time is a resource, as well. And more complex buildings should take longer than simple inns or things like that.

If I see an invading horde heading to my castle, it really wouldn't enhance the stragegy to be able to erect a huge wall in 5 seconds. Otherwise I'd build all the other stuff first and wait for defenses until the very last second. The way it is now, I have to anticipate what my enemy might or might not do and allocate my time accordingly.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - "It's not the length of our lives [that matters], it's the depth." - Bob Hattoy

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net
--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org
--== Everlasting Films Call Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everlastingfilms

Xaero
02-10-2004, 12:03
So lets hope that my suggestions wont be ignored and patch will be released soon ;)

Henrik
03-10-2004, 16:02
If I see an invading horde heading to my castle, it really wouldn't enhance the stragegy to be able to erect a huge wall in 5 seconds. Otherwise I'd build all the other stuff first and wait for defenses until the very last second. The way it is now, I have to anticipate what my enemy might or might not do and allocate my time accordingly.

I'm not talking about a construction time of only 5 sec. to erect a stonewall.