PDA

View Full Version : day & night cycle

Wind Arrow
02-10-2004, 13:04
I demo (i don't have the full version...yet!) I noticed that the day/night cycle takes long-long time to happen. In one cycle you can build many structures and walk trough half Europe...Does the cycle speed up in the full version or it stays the same? which i think is a bit strange...I fought like 5 battles in one day in different distant locations... and build 2-3 structures in the meantime...

Repak
02-10-2004, 13:38
Well, it's not supposed to simulate 'real time'... It's just a small feature which makes the game more interesting...

You can give your marshal a skill that makes him better during nighttime, which might be a good advantage... But I don't know the exact use of the day-night cycle...

Shimo
02-10-2004, 20:34
yes it's just to add another strategic element to the game, not to simulate the actual passing of day to night and vice versa. i think your soldiers' los is reduced in night battle and i think they march slower and may have a hit to morale. but like Repak said there is the "nightstalker" skill that gives your marshal a bonus when attacking at night.

the one thing i'm curious about is duirng close view battles at night, shouldn't all the farmers/workers be inside their houses and not working their fields. i though i read somewhere that this would happen. it doesn't make sense that all the building's lights are on but everyone is working outside. i think this could be an easy fix in a patch or something.

Arcador
03-10-2004, 20:53
Yeah, this cosmetinc change will be cool. Or maybe the peons and buildings work on the real cycles, while battles on those :PPP
It would be very complecated to montor the real day/night cycle - it will be modified by the world time zones and etc, also changing like per several secs. I like the current idea (non realistic but good for the game).

Lighthope
03-10-2004, 23:37
the one thing i'm curious about is duirng close view battles at night, shouldn't all the farmers/workers be inside their houses and not working their fields. i though i read somewhere that this would happen. it doesn't make sense that all the building's lights are on but everyone is working outside.

But it's perfectly normal for them to be working in the fields when there's a full blown battle going on right next to them? hahahaha!

It'd be a minor tweak, but that's something I'd like to see fixed in the patch. Just as a touch of detail.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - ...and Adam asked, "What's a Headache?"

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net
--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org
--== Everlasting Films Call Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everlastingfilms

Arcador
04-10-2004, 03:29
Or run away if squads get too close to them in a battle.

offtopic:
Peasands are hardned battle veterans, brough much spoils from the fights in their yang ages, so when a battle comes they get very excited and go see it, working with twice their capatabilities. They are placing bets and loot the dead soldiers stuff. :P

CustodianV131
07-10-2004, 14:08
Well you would think they would go in to there homes at night or flee when the battle starts.

In the featured story about day/light cycle on the website, they say they'll go inside their houses at night for some rest and leisure. Guards will light the torches and such.

Seems that now the zoom options is gone, that this feature is also out of the window. A shame really :(

Have not yet fought night battles with the full version yet, so maybe its different there.

King Yngvar
09-10-2004, 17:12
I heard the zoom option was available in a cheat though, anyone know what that is?