PDA

View Full Version : Small Suggestion

LOEFIE
28-11-2003, 21:01
Hi there Blackseastudios, :cool:

Relax! This offer is for free.
I have a small suggestion for the status bar above the heads of the groups of soldiers.
I've seen the screenshots of 20/11/03 and 27/11/03 and I see you changed the status bars. Don't change a winning team is my advice in this case.
The transparent status bars with white colour are unique and relaxing to the eyes (especialy when you play for hours).
The new countdown status bars with green=full force, yellow=half force is still alive, red=2 or 3 soldiers are alive is a old fashioned color system and not all gamers like to gaze at traffic lights' in their game.

CHEERS! :cheers:

Frujin
28-11-2003, 22:18
Hello Amsterdam there ;)

Well, actually what you see above the flag is not indicating how many units left intact. It is showing something else.

Cork2
29-11-2003, 04:20
Yeeesssss? What is it showing? Come on you can tell me. Here a free beer. :cheers:

Jorghan
29-11-2003, 04:29
Actually, they already told what it means in another post. But since Frujin didn't say in this post, maybe I should be silent as well. :dwink:

Elewyn
30-11-2003, 09:48
I think Jarlabanke asked somewhere else what do they mean and the reply was taht it's a morale level. But it may be changed...

But if it's morale, I agree, it's better to have it white.

Frujin
30-11-2003, 12:29
Well, I think I must be more specific. :)

Yes, this bar is morale level. And 'No' it can't be white. We decided to change it because of pure gameplay mechanics.Morale is by default 10 for everybody except the millitia (peasants) which has -2 morale penalty. Of coruse morale can get higher than 10 upon specific events or because of Knight Skills, etc.

There are 4 zones of the morale. which are color coded - Very Hight, Normal, Average, Retreat Zone, Surrender Zone. You can see the picture. For example - when your bar get's orange - expect your troops to retreat anytime.

We played a lot recently and nwe morale bar is VERY usable and helps the battles a lot.

LOEFIE
30-11-2003, 14:47
Hi there Frujin,

:)Now, that's good news, because for a moment I thought that you were breaking down something nice in KOH.
So, they are morale bars.
That's nice, because then as gamer you are a little more close to realtime battles.
But personaly, I find the day/night cycle in KOH the best invention of RTS game ever.

;) Thanks for explanation Frujin,

Greetings
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Jerome
30-11-2003, 20:53
good question, good answer!

my morale-bar just turned green ;)

Frank Fay
01-12-2003, 10:35
but shouldn't it be green :cool:

Jerome
01-12-2003, 12:50
that's what i said....:D

:cheers:

Frank Fay
01-12-2003, 13:04
now, yes :cool:

Jerome
01-12-2003, 16:01
well, its what i ment anyway...;)

Arjenvs
01-12-2003, 16:34
Originally posted by Jerome
good question, good answer!

my morale-bar just turned green ;)

mine too!!!

Henrik
06-12-2003, 03:22
Originally posted by Frujin
Well, I think I must be more specific. :)

Yes, this bar is morale level. And 'No' it can't be white. We decided to change it because of pure gameplay mechanics.Morale is by default 10 for everybody except the millitia (peasants) which has -2 morale penalty. Of coruse morale can get higher than 10 upon specific events or because of Knight Skills, etc.

There are 4 zones of the morale. which are color coded - Very Hight, Normal, Average, Retreat Zone, Surrender Zone. You can see the picture. For example - when your bar get's orange - expect your troops to retreat anytime.

We played a lot recently and nwe morale bar is VERY usable and helps the battles a lot.

If there are 4 zone of morale, then it would be nice if you could set a few parameters for your troops behavios before they go to battle, like retreat when morale is down to 50% or stand and fight to death.

Angryminer
06-12-2003, 15:33
They DO run if their morale is too low - that doesn't need any special settings...
(If I was an archer and I'd see a bunch of armed kavalry-men (no, not knights, because 'knight' is reserved :) ) coming for me, I'd run anyway - no matter what my knight told me)

Angryminer