PDA

View Full Version : The Distortion Of History

lithuanian
03-10-2004, 14:42
First of all I am proud Lithuanian and I can not say nothing when talking about distorted history of Lithuania. I am talking about KoH countrys (in this case Lithuania) presantion. In this case Lihuanian presantation is wrong in history terms. Authors of this game says: "it (Lithuania my note) was converted to christianity in 13th century by german teutonic knights and was incorporated into teutonic order". This is trully distortion of Lithuanian history. First of all Lithuania (so called Grand Duchy of Lithuania) was christianized not in 13th (in this century only Lithuanian king Mindaugas take christianity, but later all coutry become pagan again!) century but in 1387 (14th century) and done this not germans but by polish king jogaila (first Lithuanian which took Polish crown), Lithuania was the last courty in Europe which was christianized . Secondly Lithuania never (I stress never!!!!)were incorporated into teutonic order, becouse Lithuania was not "significant", but great power in Europe (Lithuanian lands extended form Baltic to Black sea!!!). In 1410 Lihuanian ruler Vytautas and Polish King Jogaila defeated teutonic order in significant battle and after it German teutonic order never had and significant power. In 1466 (some says in 1470) this "oder" become a Polish liege! So in future please do not make such big mistakes!!

Vytis
03-10-2004, 16:49
Lithuania's description is all wrong. Very strange.
I guess that's why you have to be careful with online 'encyclopedias'.
btw, TO never controled Samogitia.

rado907
03-10-2004, 18:21
Yeah the Poles christened Lithuania (the Jagiellos with princess Jadwiga...)

The Lithuanian/Polish commonwealth was the strongest nation in Europe for a certain period, yeah...
----
But very few people know or care about that (no offence meant ;-)), I only know cuz I read a book of Polish history once...

Harry
03-10-2004, 19:30
Flanders was never incorporated into Gelre (check out Late period).
To be honest, I dont care.

I find it fun enough I can play with some old Dutch ruler anyway, Reinoud II or III
(well, not really dutch by that time..! :) )

The Coat of Arms is not correct either, doh..It looks good..

Maybe you find all this offending. But I think the devs did a nice job of
making a rather epic game of medieval Europa...

my 2 cents

pookie
04-10-2004, 05:07
I'm sure that could be something, that could be fixed in a patch.

Hopefully, one of them reads your thread.. and cares.

Martinus
04-10-2004, 12:41
Yeah, same goes for Warsaw as the capitol of the Masovia province - Warsaw was a small fishing village back then while Plock was the capital of the region. Warsaw only came to prominence after the Union of Lublin (1569) when it was chosen as the seat of the Parliament (Seym) of the Commonwealth, since Krakow (the capital of Poland and seat of the Kings of the Commonwealth) was too far for the Lithuanian and Ukrainian nobles to travel to every 4 years or so.

Still, it's rather rare to have our nations represented in historical games in any case (normally there is just Germany and Russia to the east of it :p) so I am not really complaining that much.

P.S. But having both things fixed in patches would be nice.

joasoze
05-10-2004, 10:40
A little bit off topic this, but I am doing my part to keep the history of Lithuania interesting. During the last year I have been pillaging three times in Lithuania (I am a Norwegian viking) and during my last visit I married my Lithuanian princess Aurimute (also known as Mano grazi voverite) which hopefully will produce an heir to my lovely estate here in Norway (small red wooden house actually). She is already pregnant as I see no reason to wait with such serious business :o) My looting consisted mainly of wedding presents, and unfortunately they are mostly kitchen trinkets...