PDA

View Full Version : Change province names.

Noldy
03-10-2004, 15:28
For all those who arent satisfied with the provnce names and/or any other names, you can change it in one of the .pak files.

Do it at your own risk!! I dont know know if it works on my computer, and i can not assure it works on yours! I am not responsable for any damage or harm to your computer. Noldy Inc. All rights reserved, none of this may be copied by either microfilm, ... blablabla...:cool:

And BTW, i did this with the demo, it should be quite similar in the full version.

Well, go to your game folder and then into packs. (by default: C:/Program Files/Black Sea Studios/Knightes of Honor/packs) Find the file maps.pak and open it with any text program (Word, Notebook...). Then, for instance you want to change Scotland to XXX, find the word Scotland somewhere (with the Ctrl+F function) and change it to XXX. Beware! There can be other Scotland names in the document that refere to something else! It is recomendable to make a backup!! I havnt yet found out yet wich lines you need precisely, but it is easy to find out I think.

@mods: If i am not allowed to post this, feel free to delete it!!

Maizena
03-10-2004, 15:47
that file has more pages than Harry Potter 5 :) even in danish (924 p.) :D
How are se supposed to find anything there?
Cuz im quite upset with the town on Zealand in Denmark is called Odense and not Copehagen for instance :) Odense is on a whole diff. island :)
What did u mean by "the ctrl+f" option?

Noldy
03-10-2004, 15:50
Hmmm, i wouldnt recommend this all, i just have found out that if you want to change a province name, you have to change a hell lot of more than only maps.pak... its very much work, actually, we should ask the devs...