PDA

View Full Version : ideas, comments for KOH patch

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wind Arrow
03-10-2004, 22:46
I like this forum, especially I like your ideas how to make the game even better. So why don't use thread like this to write our recommendations for the upcoming patches (hope there will be some :rolleyes: ) and write short posts what to improve...I know many of you have allready written a lot, but the problem is that our ideas are scattered all over the forum and as the forum grows, it will get harder to read and memorize all the good things we want to improve...

So go on my fellow knights, to the battlefield of ideas....

Oden
03-10-2004, 23:44
I would like to play the "Europe Campaign" in multiplayer with ppl in Lan...

It would be great to have that in the next patch.

William Blake
04-10-2004, 00:27
In multiplayer:

- Make "lock team color" option, so new people could not change team color if other team mates lock it. Now every new guy who join messes with team color so other people in the team get angry and upset about their new shield appearance.

- Make a button near the shield which will bring out a color palete to choose the color from, now you have to click them one by one and if you miss it, you will have to click it all over again. Takes a lot of time.

- Make different chats for team and all players before the battle, so people on a team can coordinate moves and army setup before the battle and enemy team could not hear them. This is very important. Also if the full game (I have only demo, still waiting for the full game to be shipped) there is no "team" and "global" chat, make them. Its very imporatant to let teammates to coordinate moves without enemy knowing about it.

Maximum Edge
04-10-2004, 00:27
Easily pleased me...All i require is the ability to ask for something in return for doing a country a favour like they tend to do to you when you ask them for something and maybe a pause mode for battles on hard setting.

William Blake
04-10-2004, 01:00
Ok, I thought about it for several days and I really think that multiplayer battles need

FOG OF WAR.

Now, with given specific of KoH multiplayer I say we dont need total fog, but it should work as follows:

- You can see all the map terrain from the start, all towers and what are not should be clearly visible.

- Enemy marshal unit should be totaly visible all over the map like it is now.

- All enemy units which are not in sight radius of you your troops should be visible ONLY as a flag. So you can see where the enemy troops are, but you can't see what kind of troops, their formations, number of soldiers, army order, camps and so on.

- Base sight radius should be a bit bigger then maximum arrow distance, you should always able to see enemy before it can hit you. Light cavalry and nation specific light cavalry should have maximum sight radius bonus, all ranged units and should have moderate bonus, heavy cavalry and melee infantry should have basic sight radius.

- Since you have "map of hights" for all maps (you use it for archers bonus, right?) add bonuses to sight radius depending on hight or terrain. Obviously units on towers should have a lot of sight bonus.

Now why would it be great for the multipalyer battles:

- It will bring up a totaly new issue of scouting. Now I can see all over the map so scouting just not in the game. Using weak units liek light cavalry and archers will give you sight bonus but they can be killed very fast, but heavy cavalry and melee infantry see less and can stand some fighting.

- You wont have to search every single corner of the map for last enemy unit since you see the flags all over the map, but you will really risk engaging enemy without scouting since you dont see types of units, formations and number of soldiers left. A lonely flag can be a camp of pesants or feudal knights on a move.

- It will allow people to catch enemy by suprise. Now then only you move your cavalry from one flank on another my spears and halberds will move too. I can see everything so you cant move a finger without me knowng it. It takes away all the tension. I know exactly what are you up to.I see you archers move out and my troops loose formations, your knights just started to pack the camp, my halberds break the camp to and get ready for the charge.

I think that that type fog of war will really improve the gameplay a lot, both for multi and singleplayer battles. But you can make it optional for both modes.

PS
Then the night falls sight radius drops a lot, so wait for the night to storm enemy crowwsbowmen with swordsmen:)

Albo
04-10-2004, 01:06
-to make your own shields and flags for multiplayer games by drawin' on appropriate void shields and flags

Lighthope
04-10-2004, 01:19
I agree with Maximu Edge about negotiations.

What do I want (so far)?

The ability to have more options for the start. Sometimes I don't want to play a "historically accurate" game. Let me choose my country's religion. Let me pick and choose what counties I have under control at the start. Options, options, options!

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net
--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org
--== Everlasting Films Call Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everlastingfilms

Arcador
04-10-2004, 15:56
Yeap :)

It is good we are suggesting things, than crying about bugs and stuff. When there are no major problems, we go to minor and improvements :)

I'd like to see other function of Holded right mouse button in the battle - not to set the density, but to make the units FACE that direction in their currnet formation (and move to the point of course).

Lord Sandman
04-10-2004, 16:39
MAKE HARDER AND MORE CHALLENGING AI of enemy in battles and Worlds View!!!

Wynche
04-10-2004, 22:10
Just one "zoom-in" button for me, please :)

Cezar
04-10-2004, 23:13

I agree with u my friend ,europe campaign will be so great and to say the truth is what this game need for multiplayer but u know ... dreams.

Repak
04-10-2004, 23:31
- I would like to see kingdoms getting pissed off after three tries to vassal, or even trade agreements and start attacking you. That will teach you ;)

- I'd like to see a difference between buildings that have 'use' and the ones that are 'useless', like: you can't make swordmen or any other unit/building that requires the swordsmith, make it greyed out, or a color overlay. That way you can focus on building 'usefull' buildings.

- Make armies rise in moral when allied troops are near or comming to help.

- Drop morale when hopping in a castle and immediately go out again, this way, you'll be forced to manage your marshalls better.

That's about it ;)

NoC Lord Fire
04-10-2004, 23:48
I agree with u my friend ,europe campaign will be so great and to say the truth is what this game need for multiplayer but u know ... dreams.

I had this suggestion before, even had an poll. However the results were not in favor of it.
Ppl think that thsi is impossible

Lighthope
05-10-2004, 01:22
I would like to see deinfable objectives for ending the game. I think the delopers said you win simply by staying in power. But that's boring. I think players want a definate "goal" to achieve beyond Kingdom Advantages or Get the Vote.

I'm in favour of being able to say "Game ends if you conqour these named provinces". So, someone can play England and "win" by controlling the whole British Isles. Difficulty can be increased or decreased by adding or subtracting the number or location of provinces you pick as objectives. Added difficulty by assigning a time limit. "Control six provinces or these six named provinces" in 2 hours real time or you "retire" in defeat.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - If all those psychics know the winning lottery numbers, why are they all still working?

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net
--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org
--== Everlasting Films Call Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everlastingfilms

Arcador
05-10-2004, 08:32
That is a good idea.

Lord Sam
05-10-2004, 14:47
1. Be able to join a Crusade and receive a relations/piety bonus
2. Keep the Crusader Units and/or cede the conquered province to a military order(Templars, Knights of St John)..

red_lion
05-10-2004, 15:48
Hello everyone,
hello developers,
it would be nice in future version/patch of KOH to see "real" bohemian lion - as the lion of Bohemia has two tails..
You can see it e.g. here:
http://www.vlada.cz/vlada/historie/znaky/znaky.il2.htm

I also agree with some posts in this forum, that not all the historical "facts" written in this game are really exact. May be would be better to avoid these texts as they do not give any plus to the gameplay itself.

RL

red_lion
07-10-2004, 14:27
Hello once again,
It would be also good to add a feature, that a princess can marry a marshall/merchant or other knight of the own kingdom.
Of course, it should somehow influence the kingdom rating.

RL

Lord Sam
07-10-2004, 14:28
Diffent portraits for the Pope's, As I stated in a different thread, the Pope looks like an Unshaven, Unbathed Thug. How about portraits with a Mitre hat or a skull cap. And he should be in a more priestly raimant.

Martinus
07-10-2004, 15:02

I agree, but this is too big for a patch. On the other hand, fitting it into an expansion pack (together with a map editor allowing you to draw your own maps - Westeros mod anyone?) would be my dream come true.