PDA

View Full Version : Games Copy Protection

silver
03-10-2004, 22:59
I have tried to read the thread about the copy protection, but it is full of flames and got closed.
Some games do not like emulation or copy software on your PCs. FarCry was the first I came accross. There is an extremely easy work-around, which I will not post out of respect for forum rules, but I would like to know if this game DOES actually delete any files or refuse to install if the user has emulation or copy software. Can someone (maybe a dev) give me a straight answer?
I don't want any flamers to post here - I have a legitamate question and I will totally refuse to buy the game if it won't install due to some of my other LEGAL software.
The consumer has a legal right to make back-ups of ALL PC games, it is the gaming industry that are close to law breaking by stopping the consumer from being able to exercise that LEGAL right.
If KoH does have this type of third party protection then you have scored an own goal as it only encourages people to make cracks. And you will have lost me as a customer and many more people will just take their copy of the game back to the shop for a refund.
This is not about piracy. Every game I play is paid for. I make images of my games and use virtual drives so that I don't have to swap disks around to play different games, that is totally legal.

BLOODUK
04-10-2004, 00:02
Hey man if you get your question answered good luck to you , unlike my thread THANKS GUYS!

Cork2
04-10-2004, 04:51
About the issue. Please, understand that nor BSS, nor SF are deleting anything from your computers. Period. If something like that happens the only possible way is copyright protection to do that without even making BSS/SF aware of that. As Frank explained SF is using commersial, licensed copy protection, btw the same as used in many other games. SF will investigate if it's true etc tomorrow.

this is what frujin said in blooduks thread.