PDA

View Full Version : Diplo AI

Gorgoroth
30-11-2003, 16:03
Since this game will focus on singleplayer [the mp will be weak, since no conquest just playable battles..], diplomacy will be VERY important.
We all know that this is a big problem in ALL games. Why? Because it is very easy to exploit the AI via diplomacy.
Example? Civilization 3. Turn 19: I am war with XY. Turn 21: I am allied with XY. etc. etc.

Hopefully the Knights of Honor diplo AI will be really decent, or the world conquest will be a diplo abuse conquest.

Cork2
30-11-2003, 16:24
Dude, you are entitled to your opinion but don't judge the multiplayer when you haven't tried it. I think it sounds very cool.

Gorgoroth
30-11-2003, 16:49
Originally posted by Cork2
Dude, you are entitled to your opinion but don't judge the multiplayer when you haven't tried it. I think it sounds very cool.

Dude...Actually this thread is about the diplo AI...but let me answer to you.
So IMHO playing battles is fun, if those are part of a conquest map.
Playing just battles will be very boring. I've seen this in other games, and I completly ignored the MP part of those, just because of it.
I hope you get it that what I am babbling about.
Sure we haven't seen anything, but we KNOW that what will be in the KoH MP, IE. battles, maybe siege.... it is all cool, but it is FAR from a complex MP experience. This was my ONLY point. Hopefully you get it now. [Just think: MP conquest would be 100x better.]

However, I am sure that sooner or later [with a later xp.] we will have conquest MP. :cool:

Btw stick to the topic, please.

Jerome
30-11-2003, 21:00
i guess you maybe right about diplo AI being the 'bottleneck' for MP conquest, but perhaps a conquest game is just too complicated to have and AI that is gonna be realistic enough...

i havent played that many MP conquest games, but i suppose in time this will improve.

Jerome
30-11-2003, 21:01
i guess you maybe right about diplo AI being the 'bottleneck' for MP conquest, but perhaps a conquest game is just too complicated to have and AI that is gonna be realistic enough...

i havent played that many MP conquest games, but i suppose in time this will only get better...

:cheers:

Gorgoroth
30-11-2003, 23:12
I meant SP diplomacy. :)

Arjenvs
01-12-2003, 16:58
I have to agree with Gorgoroth....Diplo in a SP game...is in most of the games too easy.....But think that the makers have thought about this problem.....Frank or Fuijn does mention it in another post....that there will be some things you donīt expect.....so we will heve to wait.....