PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the US want to buy my KoH? Sealed and unopened.

kabo
06-10-2004, 19:13
It's unopened, still sealed and fresh. I just received it yesterday. I'd like to sell it for $60 flat (that's including shipping). I'm not looking to make a profit on it or anything, just that it'd be more expensive for me to return it than to sell it. And since there's a good number here from the US that want it, I figured I'd post it here. Anyway, price is negotiable. Shoot me a private message if you're interested or just reply here.

Crushyerbones
06-10-2004, 23:19
Why the hell do you want to sell a fresh box of KoH? Did you double order by mistake? Excuse the curiosity...

kabo
07-10-2004, 01:38
Why the hell do you want to sell a fresh box of KoH? Did you double order by mistake? Excuse the curiosity...

No problem, the curiosity is understandable. But for me, it's simple. I'm not going to support a game that includes copy protection which acts in virus-like ways. Granted, there is an upcoming patch for this. I've been here before with other games. I thought it was bad when the copy protections resulted in minor incompatibilities, but now they're deleting files. I fully support the publishers intent to protect their software from piracy, but not like this. Especially not when the game costs me $60.

If there was a way to support the developers without supporting the publishers who employ these tactics, I'd do it in an instant. I understand not everybody shares these same sentiments with me and will probably buy the game anyway. I figure why not sell my copy to them if I don't want it and save myself the shipping costs back to the UK and save them the delivery time.

Anyway, those are my reasons.

Edit: When writing my response to your post, it got me thinking. If I sold it somebody, I'd still be supporting the publisher wouldn't I? Even though it's moot as they'd buy it anyway, I'd still be a supporter nonetheless. LOL, maybe I'll just return it.

Cro_Knight
07-10-2004, 01:45
ill buy it

Webmaster
07-10-2004, 01:47
it is nor intended or does it delete anything!

it is a bug within a licensed 3rd party copy protecting system which renames a .dll under very rare circumstances ... and a virus runs as own application and replicates itself ... but your choice

kabo
07-10-2004, 02:23
it is nor intended or does it delete anything!

it is a bug within a licensed 3rd party copy protecting system which renames a .dll under very rare circumstances ... and a virus runs as own application and replicates itself ... but your choice

I think we all know whether or not it was a "bug." I also understand that the copy protection was licensed from a 3rd party and that Sunflower may not have known what "protection" tactics were employed. But regardless, Sunflower made the decision to ***** that module into the game and they must be held responsible for that. In another thread, I saw you mention "why should be an apology from SF?" Well, for the very reason that Sunflower chose the protection scheme and relayed it to us, they are as responsible for this "bug" as the developer of the protection scheme. But if SF wants to claim innocence through the position of ignorance on this subject, then SF is guilty of incompetence in properly publishing a game as well.

In any case, I hope Sunflower learned an important lesson here and pays closer attention to what sort of copy protection they employ next time.

zebez
07-10-2004, 02:35
I couldn't agree more with you kabo.
I haven't bought the game yet. I usually wait a while to see if there's any problems before I do. And this is just too much, features like this in copyprotection shouldn't be allowed, maybe it's already illegal?
I also think it's very important to let them know why I won't buy the game, if enough people did this they might reconsider using copy protections like this.

Just like I boycott games with starforce I will boycott this game.

kabo
07-10-2004, 03:15
ill buy it

Check your Private Messages.

CustodianV131
07-10-2004, 11:49
While i can understand your point of view, your missing out on such a rich game!

The devs are also feeling bad about this, they didn't do this intentionally. I've found them so supportive of the community during the development, that i went and bought the game even if it gave some small problems. Plus those will quickly be solved.

Its your choice.... but my take is that you'll regret it!

Then again its great for Cro_Knight of course! :)

Webmaster
07-10-2004, 12:10
@kabo
your point of view is completely right from the eyes as a customer ... and so it comes to the annoucement posted by me. and now there will be a patch to fix this bug and yes it is a bug and was never intended from SF or BSS !!!

no application should ever touch any 3rd party software !!!

and yes SF will learn from this case to get a closer and detailed look on copy protection systems

one thing i want to add. the devs and me were working very close with the community to hold a high level of supportive service and that we don't want to skip due such problems. i am open to any kind of constructive conversation as long as noone points to anyone blaming him for anything.
responsiblity is one thing but blaming an other.

kabo
08-10-2004, 01:42
The devs are also feeling bad about this, they didn't do this intentionally. I've found them so supportive of the community during the development, that i went and bought the game even if it gave some small problems. Plus those will quickly be solved.

Hmm.. I'm new to these boards, so I haven't seen any of the developer support before posting. But after you mentioned it, I took a look around and noticed a lot of the developers from both BSS and SF posting here. And they do seem pretty connected and sincere enough with the customers in trying to resolve the situation (rather than ignoring the issue completely like some other unnamed publishers). Anyway, you bring up a good point about supportive developers. Maybe I'll let this one slide and keep it after all. I just truly hope these complaints don't fall onto deaf ears.

engesa
08-10-2004, 02:05
Hmm.. I'm new to these boards, so I haven't seen any of the developer support before posting. But after you mentioned it, I took a look around and noticed a lot of the developers from both BSS and SF posting here. And they do seem pretty connected and sincere enough with the customers in trying to resolve the situation (rather than ignoring the issue completely like some other unnamed publishers). Anyway, you bring up a good point about supportive developers. Maybe I'll let this one slide and keep it after all. I just truly hope these complaints don't fall onto deaf ears.Your posts can't be more right. I've bought the game also and it will arrive tomorrow and I have the same problem. Altough I really liked the demo and would really love to play this game, the way the copyprotection is implemented is really, really bad. So i'm also considering to sell or return the game, no matter how great it is.

Maybe it's time BS of SF makes an official statement on how this could have happened and how they are going to solve this problem.

Eldon
08-10-2004, 02:15
Well, I'd like to know where I can buy an original copy of Knights of Honor. It's not currently being distributed here in the US. Any ideas or websites that sell it?

Julanda
08-10-2004, 11:28
Hello to all KOH fans:)

To Eldon: you could order the game from http://shop.game.net/. For now, there is no distribution deal for North American market, but who knows...may be there will be one soon:) If you can't wait then just order it!

Eldon
10-10-2004, 06:40
Thanks everyone! I ordered from Gameplay http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/index.asp myself. Should be here hopefully soon. I've played the demo non-stop & love the game to pieces. Best RTS game I've played in years!

Cro_Knight
12-10-2004, 06:02
yea i bought it from there today pretty good shippin