PDA

View Full Version : Close in view of city and city battles

Pioneer
07-10-2004, 04:37
Sorry if this was asked already.

Whenever I attack cities and I get a bar indicates the relative strength of the antagonists, not a city battle. How can I trigger a proper city battle in the close view?

I understand, correctly or not, that there is cheat to zoom into towns. Aside from the atmosphere and sense of immersion such a view creates, it might help if city battles are still a feature. Cities in Rome Total War can be a bit maze like, and Knights of Honor could be similar. It could be helpful. Even if that is not so, if there is a cheat could someone who knows indicate what it is?

Thank you!

Arcador
07-10-2004, 08:25
In the demo you can play only open battlefield.
And if you are talking about pillage - there is not a battle, your units just do missery around.
Attacking towns is a different thing. Siege is not a battle too, you have put your units around the city walls and allow it not to collect food, gold and stuff, while its food supply is decreasing (morale drop) as far as I know when you attack the city you may take control of the assault. (see some screenshots where siege and units try to break into the city)
There is a button - Break siege and attack city.

Pioneer
07-10-2004, 11:26
Ok, thanks.

I have the full game, but like like with RTW I just place the sieges and concentrate on the bigger picture. I should try an assault.

I would have preferred if places that were pillages had hitpoints that yield revenue as they decrease. The current system of having to remain pillaging uninterrupted, as though it was some sort of surgery, and not the robbery and violence that it is, is a little strange.

But does anyone know what is the cheat code?

Arcador
07-10-2004, 12:57
Then if they kill your pillaging squad before you pillage the whole place will you return the gold back?
The gauge meter is some sort of progress bar, like defeating the villagers and sort, which just takes time and no casualties.