PDA

View Full Version : About language localization of KoH

BlackFalcon
22-10-2003, 20:32
Hey,

BlackSea team do you plan to make bulgarian version for KoH and to localize site in bulgarian ?

BlackFalcon

Frujin
23-10-2003, 11:04
Hi BlackFalcon ...

Unfortunately, as we can't make this site available in all languages we desided to support only English (as it is quite international actually). For the Bulgarian version - so far we do not see any obstacles for that :) But let's wait untill we finish the game first.

Kevin
24-10-2003, 23:53
Originally posted by Frujin
Hi BlackFalcon ...

Unfortunately, as we can't make this site available in all languages we desided to support only English (as it is quite international actually). For the Bulgarian version - so far we do not see any obstacles for that :) But let's wait untill we finish the game first.

Ow ok. Not a big problem. Infact no problem at all for me. :):D

Nike
08-04-2004, 08:16
So, will there be localization and for which countries?

Henrik
08-04-2004, 20:51
I'm perfectly fine with the game being in English - in fact the few games i have played where the language is in my native language - they don't seem right......

My claim: Computergames is meant to be in english language, because it's has always been this way since the dawn of the first computergame - simply because it looks better - period ! - and then ya all can just call me an old conservative goat ;)

:D:D:D

Platina
08-04-2004, 21:58
Originally posted by Henrik
I'm perfectly fine with the game being in English - in fact the few games i have played where the language is in my native language - they don't seem right......

My claim: Computergames is meant to be in english language, because it's has always been this way since the dawn of the first computergame - simply because it looks better - period ! - and then ya all can just call me an old conservative goat ;)

:D:D:D

True, played Rollercoaster Tycoon in dutch, it just doesn't make sense, ride names are funny, translation is bad. But how do the native english speakers think about this?

Jorghan
08-04-2004, 22:41
I agree. Computers in general is for english. I run english versions of all the software I have. And I'd rather play KoH in bulgarian than swedish.

Nike
09-04-2004, 08:09
Originally posted by Jorghan
I agree. Computers in general is for english. I run english versions of all the software I have. And I'd rather play KoH in bulgarian than swedish.

You wont understand anything, believe me! Especially if you can't read cyrillic!

But I've played lots (well, maybe not exactly lots) of games on bulgarian and they were good. And I think that BG games must be translated on BG - like Tzar and Celtic Kings.

I ask this question to know if i should buy the game imediately after the release or i shouls wait for the BG version!

Frank Fay
09-04-2004, 08:30
Wait for the BG version :)

Kevin
27-07-2004, 12:44
Hi BlackFalcon ...

English and German.;)

Sir Turylon
27-07-2004, 19:29
True, played Rollercoaster Tycoon in dutch, it just doesn't make sense, ride names are funny, translation is bad. But how do the native english speakers think about this?

Let me tell you something funny about games. If the game is designed for one language, it will be hard to translate it into another. One game in case was Prince of Qin. It was great in Chinese and Korean. Once it was translated over into English, the translated version flopped in the gaming industry. Same case is for Russian games translated into English. It is fairly hard to translate non-English euphanisms into English euphanisms. Trying to convert Russian for "You are a dirty dwarven dirt eater" into English will probably not have the same effect. "You are a dirt eating dirty dwarve." :rofl: I've seen it happen with many games... Right now, KoH's sound bits are nice :go: to the devs. I really enjoyed the Anno series. (demos) Very accurate translations.. etc. :cheers:

Jarlabanke
27-07-2004, 21:37
I'm with Jorghan, rather Bulgarian than Swedish, you always lose something in the translation, LOTR for example is IMO pretty much crap in Swedish, but ok in english.

Beyazit I.
27-07-2004, 23:03
I think its no question that it will be translated in German ;-) The Germany game market is the biggest in Europe :silly: Except Adventures they are bad in German ever tried Runaway in German? Bad jokes and more bad converstions.. The ENglish version is much better.

Noldy
02-08-2004, 16:52
For me its just like translated movies. Once Ive seen the english version I find the translated version stupid and clumsy.