PDA

View Full Version : KNIGHTS and their ABILITIES...

Patrick
01-12-2003, 23:28
I was wondering when i read about KNIGHTS which SPECIAL ABILITIES they will get.

Currently i know these :

l"dread" : any army led into the field by a knight with the dread attribute strikes fear into the enemy and imparts morale penalties. The "leadership" trait allows a knight to march an army across the land faster than normal. Other abilities may impart economic bonuses on the realm governed by a particular knight

Anyone knows some more ?

How about the MODS ? Maybe you can reveil "some" ? :rolleyes:

Dogface
02-12-2003, 16:34
I have no idea what the other abilities will be but I have some suggestions.

Prowess- This gives a combat bonus to the troops.
Legendary- This can recruit troops faster or at a reduced price.
Charismatic- Better negotiation skills, avoids fighting.
Banker- Has a good mind for money. Can apply higher taxes with less no penalties.

Or how about negative abilities?

Spoiled- troops follow this guy only because his Daddy told them to. Lower morale on the troops.

Carcassone
04-12-2003, 23:03
From what I've read there are a great number of attributes coded in this game as far as Knights are concerned. I've only read however that attributes come into play while on the battle field. However, I am curious as to whether attributes effect a Knights kingdom management. Will a moderator help us out?

Frank Fay
05-12-2003, 08:42
There will be 25+ Knight skills which can be developed up to 3 levels. And a Knight has 3 out of these 25.

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 10:01
Originally posted by Frank Fay
There will be 25+ Knight skills which can be developed up to 3 levels. And a Knight has 3 out of these 25.

which levels.... Bad - Average - Good OR normal - good - very good

Carcassone
05-12-2003, 18:46
Originally posted by Arjenvs
which levels.... Bad - Average - Good OR normal - good - very good

Great question, will there be negative attributes as well, something similar in purpose to the dictators attributes in Tropico?

Will the trades be chosen or randomly associated as Knights are born/come to power?

Frank Fay
06-12-2003, 08:53
No but the skills can affect your own troops or attackers troops. And it depends if the Knight rules a Realm or is leading an Army. A skill's affect can change depending on that. Not all but some skills have a double meanings, depending on that. The Dread - Skill for instance. Besides some other effects it decreases enemy armies morale if leading army. If ruling a Realm it decreases the chance of a rebelion in this realm.

Henrik
07-12-2003, 22:39
Originally posted by Frank Fay
No but the skills can affect your own troops or attackers troops. And it depends if the Knight rules a Realm or is leading an Army. A skill's affect can change depending on that. Not all but some skills have a double meanings, depending on that. The Dread - Skill for instance. Besides some other effects it decreases enemy armies morale if leading army. If ruling a Realm it decreases the chance of a rebelion in this realm.

That sounds great, with skills that both works when leading an army and ruling a realm, but then i'll bet that there also are some of the skills which work for you when leading an army, but sorta work against you when ruling a realm.

Which skills would that be ? - give us an example pleaaaase :angel:

Arjenvs
07-12-2003, 22:58
Originally posted by Henrik
That sounds great, with skills that both works when leading an army and ruling a realm, but then i'll bet that there also are some of the skills which work for you when leading an army, but sorta work against you when ruling a realm.

Guess:

Claustrofobic.......hmmm...that will only be negative for the ruling a realm thing....

hmmm it's a hard one.....

A loud voice......:D

*he is getting so simple.....*

:cheers:

Elewyn
11-12-2003, 11:49
Guys. I colected all ability-icons I've found on screenshots, so here they are, let's try to interperte them:)

http://elvain.album.cz/koh/
:angel:
And my interpretation of some of them:
leadership(one big,two small icons)
pathfunding (one big,two small icons with horse:) )
siege-master-ship (the one with trebuchet)
diplomacy (book under the ship)
governorship (icon with houses)

Adaon
11-12-2003, 17:40
Originally posted by Henrik

Simple:
"rage" :)
Easy to guess, a knight with this "ability" would fight harder in battles and boost the morale of his troops (both by slaying enemy after enemy as well as cruelty against his own soldiers if they show fear) - but when ruling a realm, regular outbursts of rage would make his own people declare him mad (lower morale).

Which brings me to another variation of this:
"warlord"
A knight with this attribute would love to fight and engage in epic battles, be it to gain fame or be it just because he is a born fighter and hates to sit around. Such a knight surely would think of the "boring duty" of leading a realm like a penalty -> lower morale. :)

As for all of these bad or partly-bad attributes, I think they should be hidden at first, 'cause the king (you?) would take some time to figure the character of that particular knight out.

Henrik
11-12-2003, 22:58
Yeahh, thoses are fine suggestions and i think that some of them are right on target. But still, they are nothing more than speculations :(

Let's hope we get some comments on this issue from the devs.

Untill then, we can make up our own ideas on what these knight abilities are - if we are lucky then the dev may even "steal" some of our ideas :cool: - which is not bad IMHO :D