PDA

View Full Version : No kids!

Pages : [1] 2

WAR_PIG
08-10-2004, 01:02
Is it me or does the royal court NEVER produce heirs?! Do I need to do something in particular? :rolleyes:

engesa
08-10-2004, 02:07
Is it me or does the royal court NEVER produce heirs?! Do I need to do something in particular? :rolleyes:
You have to have patience. At least, in my case. In the demo my king got 2 really beatifull kids who reigned my kingdom of another generation.

Paladin|Lazy|
08-10-2004, 08:01
Was playing Bohemia in the demo at one time, Ladislav and Oudine, from France, produced 5 kids quite rapidly, 3 girls and 2 boys. It's pretty random.

Guess Ladislav's got a knack for the pleasures of the flesh, or something.

Martinus
08-10-2004, 09:57
Playing as Bohemia in the demo I once had the full house (3 sons, 3 daughters) with my starting Duke. :p

Caedes
08-10-2004, 09:57
I have found the same problem in the full version of the game...

It's like the ladies have chastitybelts on or summet... o_0

I've already played w/ Scotland n Gelre and neither really produce any heirs even when happily married.

Methinks it's time for a babyb00m :D

Largefry07
08-10-2004, 22:05
I had nvere any heir except for the ones that were there already.(demo)

Arcador
08-10-2004, 22:42
Mine were ugly, so I sent them to death.

mati2
08-10-2004, 23:53
Thats a good father

OSDSET
10-10-2004, 14:39
nope i've never got a new heir aswell

Alex Poff
10-10-2004, 16:50
I get heirs all the time. I have been playing one game now for almost 12 hours and have gone through multiple generations. There have been some generations with only 1 heir, others with a full house of 6 (3 girs and 3 boys). Seems pretty random, but seems to work just fine.

Alex

Syt
10-10-2004, 16:57
Same here, no problems getting kids.

WAR_PIG
10-10-2004, 23:45
I think I know what the problem is: I had my king as a Marshal.....maybe because he's out and about slaughtering Germans so much he doesn't have time for a little nookie! :cheers:

Unfortunately, by the time I realized this my King died with only two daughters! My empire came tubling down to just one single province! :angry:

Largefry07
11-10-2004, 00:22
I was playing last night on the demo and I had to bady girls and no boys. My king was old and I was wondering what would happen if he died all of the sudden? Would the queen take power? Would one of my knight take the kingship?

WAR_PIG
11-10-2004, 00:23
When your king dies any power that CAN take some of your provinces WILL! And one of the noblemen will take control. DId this really happen?! I think the royal line needs to be tweeked a bit.

dearmad
11-10-2004, 00:46
It seems fine to me. One of the challenges of the game (which needs whatever challenges it has in it). Reuniting your own kingdom isn't too hard.

ngcsu
11-10-2004, 02:08
the game I'm playing, as a Welsh kingdom, I've taken over much of central europe, and have failed to remember to keep the kids I 'did' have from dying in battle, so now I've got a late-old age King with no kids, and I just won that small victory if having all kingdom advantages. As soon as he dies, I know it's all going to come crashing down.

I also was to early on the draw to declare myself EU emperor, and now the people won't take a white peace.

kabo
11-10-2004, 07:29
When your king dies any power that CAN take some of your provinces WILL! And one of the noblemen will take control. DId this really happen?! I think the royal line needs to be tweeked a bit.

I've had my Kings die without heirs on numerous occasations and I haven't noticed any serious decrease in kingdom stability, at least not the extent some here have mentioned (like crashing down to a single province). What would happen was that my King would die and my highest ranking Marshal would take the throne. At first, I thought only Marshals can take the throne, but apparently it's simply the highest ranking Knight. On one occassion, my five star Spy took the throne and on another, my five star Cleric took it. Anyway, outside of a few rebellions, I don't think having a King die on you is too tragic (discounting any sentimental value to your dynasty, of course :))

Maybe it has something to do with the country you play and their historical context regarding lasting dynasties? My Medieval history is pretty bad, so it's just a wild guess - but when I played Scotland, they made babies like they were being manufactured in a mass production assembly line . On the otherhand, the Teutonic Order consistently continually failed to produce heirs - and this was in multiple sessions with the Teutonic Order. But anyway, like I said, just a wild guess...

Ulfang
11-10-2004, 18:42
My Queens pretty Barren but its difficult to know how time passes seeing as there's no actual game date. I'm playing Wessex and married my Daughter off to the duke of Normandy who died childless and I inherited his Lands which was rather entertaining. Once I had them France pleaded with me to join them in a war against Pamplona which they were very much losing and of course I refused ... I mean Help France? WHY? :rolleyes:

Anyway he then offered me one of his provinves to "Convince" me ... well of course I was happy to oblige. This game may not be as deep as EU but its damned addictive!!

Lighthope
11-10-2004, 20:13
Theer needs to be some noticable consequences for not having an heir to the throne.

The idea of a kingdom falling apart is very good and very historical. (The barons fighting amongst themselves for a piece of the kingdom.) It shouldn't happen all the time, but the threat should be there. Otherwise, why bother going to all the trouble of arranging a royal wedding for a prince? Other than a boost in relations, it's more trouble than it's worth, opening up your kingdom to an inheritance claim by another.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Golf scores are directly proportional to the number of witnesses.

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net
--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org
--== Everlasting Films Call Board: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/everlastingfilms

Paladin|Lazy|
12-10-2004, 00:32
I'd think if that prince is first in line to the throne of the kingdom he originated from, then he gains claim to the lands that your king leaves behind in the event of there being no male heirs.