PDA

View Full Version : Castle Defense & Xbows

Shimo
08-10-2004, 01:49
it seems to me like castle defense in close view ****s! why can't i raise the drawbridge to the keep???? it seems like the friggin moat is useless!!! and why can't xbows shoot enemies from towers???

William Blake
08-10-2004, 05:02
Didn't get the full game, but seems to me that if enemy can only cross moat by a bridge, then its hell of a defence, even if its alway down.

Ever heard about 300 spartan defended Termopile? :)

Caedes
08-10-2004, 10:01
lol u heard it wrong in da movie The Last Samurai William ;)

But yes I agree the drawbridge and gate doors do act strange in a siege o_0

Shimo
08-10-2004, 14:47
but did i miss something b/c i swear my xbows were not shooting bad guys when i had them up on a tower. they stood there and got shot and then tried to walk down to the ground to fire. any reason why they behave so weird?

Refardeon
08-10-2004, 14:51
well, actually ranged units always shoot as long as you don't give them order to stand ground, their arrows are gone or the range is too far. no matter where they stand (tower, hill, mountain, castle, open field)

William Blake
08-10-2004, 17:40
lol u heard it wrong in da movie The Last Samurai William ;)

Movie? Wait a minute, are you telling me 300 spatan didnt defend the passage against an army for god knows how long?

If so, you need a history book :rolleyes:

Arcador
08-10-2004, 19:54
Evil spys broke into the enemy moat and sabotages the bridge. What about the doors?I don't have the full but I think they are pretty closed, why the hell there is a ram unit?

Sir Turylon
08-10-2004, 21:01
I'd rather not think about Thermopylae when I am defending a castle... doesn't conjure up visions of victory. hehe.

300 Spartans versus 2 million Persians.. or so heroditus wrote... (actual figure was probably more like 200-300,000... most of which was kept back.) The battle was a valiant effort.

Hail the victorious dead! Hail Leonidas of the Spartans! Hail the buxom virgins of Athens! :cheers:

Vengaul
08-10-2004, 21:06
Leonidas RULED in that battle...

1 - Spartiates count as 25 persian soldiers...
2 - He had, like in KoH, " Night Fighting " skill, and he attacked the silly persians when they were sleeping.
3 - The only crap, they died in the end...

William Blake
08-10-2004, 21:06
The point was that if the drawbridge is the only way inside, then its uber defence since defending a narrow passage is much easier.

I would prefer "bridge always down but its the only way in" to "stronghold style" then enemy can just fill up the moat at any point.

Anyway, doesn't it say in "moat" description that it's not shown in the battle view?

William Blake
08-10-2004, 21:15
PS
The only moat and drawbridge I was able to find on screenshot is one of "Ingame Shots" from Ladderman info. But it looks like its keep feature, I mean the moat is not around city walls, but around the keep.

Vengaul
08-10-2004, 21:43
John Lennon would say: " Strange days indeed... " :D