PDA

View Full Version : A few Questions...

Northern Viking
08-10-2004, 18:28
Hey...

I have now played a couple of games and I think I'm getting better! :p

And as I'm getting better, more things arrives that I can't seem to understand...
So if you would look at the questions and perhaps help me a little I would be very happy!

1. During a Siege... The buildings inside the castlewalls, do they reprecents some of the real buildings build in the province??? Like an Armory or a bakery... And in that case, can I or the AI destroy the improvements by laying the buildings in Ruins???
I think that would be so cool if they did!

2. Is there a bad side of having trade agreements??? Cause I think it's SO easy to get both trade agreements and non-attack-pacts!

3. Do the landscape really have any effect while during a battle??? I always use the landscape to my own benefit, but If it's doesn't help, then I guess it's waste of time!

4. I have seen the AI once gathered the scottish provinces and established the Scottish Kingdom! Can I do anything semilair??? Like reuniting England or the Kalmar Union???

5. Is there any inherritance law in the Kingdoms, so If I doen't get any sons, my eldest daughter Husband would for example be my next King??? Something like that!?

6. I once had a good marhall who was asked to go on a crusade... I accepted and he left my Kingdom with a HUGE army...(My own army)
Then when I caled him home, he arrived alone, without my old army!!! Why???

7. Landlords and builders... Do I actually need them??? I really can't see the point in them!

8. I feel I have TOO many money... I can't seem to spend them in anyway! The buildings aren't that expensive and it takes SO long before they are completed so when I can build again my cash reserves are even higher than when I started building! Any REASONABLE way to spend them???

9. Is there any good marshallskills you can recommand??? I only uses Leadership, Dread and Engeneering!

10. Why aren't there any events??? I am a bit dissapointed! Why aint there happening anything??? I think it would be great with some events that could challenge you!
Things like... One of my Buildings burns down, or One of my Court Members dies of illness.... Anything!!! Some Historical events!!! I don't care, I just wanna little challenge and excitement so the destiny still have a role! What do you other things???

Angryminer
08-10-2004, 18:40
2. When you accept a trade agreement you also allow the other nation to import the rare goods from you. That might give it a kingdom advantage and make him quite mighty. Also you will loose kingdom power if you brake a trade agreement.
3. Units fight better downhill. They'll consume more fatigue while charging uphill. Archers can shoot their arrows further when they are placed on a hill.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
7. Landlords improve the food production, builders improve the amount of workers in the province.
8. I usually spend my money on the papacy or on the "force construction"-option (in the buildings-screen).
9. "Strategist" improves the speed of your army. "Logistics" lowers the amount of consumed food. "Enforcer" gives the army more food after pillaging a farm. That is helpfull when you want to conquer distant towns.
10. There are events!

Angryminer