PDA

View Full Version : Over all economic system guess

Es.
02-12-2003, 14:35
Well you can't stop thinking how this game works, so ill just throw in what my guess is on the overall economic and game play for this game.
But it's only a guess so who knows if i am right or wrong. (the dev's)

First off we need to define a province/region
(if you have read this in the topic keeps jump ½ the way down this post to "Production and surplus")

The world as it starts have all it's regions set from the start
Each region have a main town, like London.
Around London= the region of London, there is the room for small settelments, that have different features look at link 1.
And you will see 3 different settelments
A harbor for trade and moving armies with ships
Grain farms that provides you with food
A settelment with a horse shoe over it, it probaly produce horses for your cavalary
On link 2 you can see
A stone quarry that provides your kingdom with stones to build buildings ( a tough one )
On link 3 you can see
Several settelments that all produces gold coins.
Some that produces lumber other that produces weapons
All shows how many they produce.

Link 1 http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy...ns.html?page=52
Link 2 http://www.avault.com/news/avscreen...honor&num=1
Link 3 http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx...cr_koh_0055.jpg

So by now you should have got the basic idear 1 main town with some minor settelments that produces different items or services. All that together makes a province.
Each province have a sertain amount of "spots" where you can place harbors grain, farms, lumber camps and so one, when there ain't any more room you can't place any more minor settlements and that province then produces what the minor settelments and the main town provides.

Production and suplus
The provinces resources and prodution you can see on the top of some screen shots like on this one
http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0045.jpg
If we take food (the bread icon) this province is in need of 15 units of food and it produces 11 units of food. thats where the -15/11 comes from.
that means this province have 20 units of lumber in stock and produces 3, 20/3
The production is probaly given over a period of time, since the game is in real time and not turn bassed.
The proof of the stock and prodution suggestion i made.
If you spend some time looking through the screen shots you won't see 1 screen shots where a minor settelment in a province produces something thats represented in the resource bar of that province like this x/0 (x = any amount, and the 0 is for 0 production)
All screen shots that shows it's food stock with -x/x all have rebelions in them, and some even have a short message that they are angry because of hunger, like in the link above.

Trade
From the above you can see that the unit stock/production only aplies to 1 province not the whole kingdom, so that means you get some provinces that produces food, some that produces weapons, building materials or other items and there for needs food, this brings in the trade, with ships or supply wagons, where you transport your suplus of food to starving provinces, or you transport building materials or what ever you need in 1 province and that's produced in another.
Don't have any proof of the trade idear it's just a wild guess, but it makes sence.

Gold
Gold well it's not tradable, i think it all just goes down in 1 big fat chest filled with small round shiny coins, and taken out of there, when ever and where ever they are needed.¨

So what you think of this littel theroy ???

Elewyn
02-12-2003, 15:11
I think you didi a masterpiece of economical summary. I checked screenshots and it seems to be true:go: :king:
Now I want to know, what the devs think about this

Dogface
02-12-2003, 15:20
Your theory sounds pretty good to me. The resource system is kind of like Kohan if you ask me, and that is a good thing.

Es.
02-12-2003, 15:31
Food i forgot food
So here it comes.

Food.
A explination on how some regions are rebelling due to starvgation, starvation is interely relaying on food consumption and production (rebelions can also ocure due to other factors exampel taxes).
Well each settelment that don't produce food, that be stone quarries, lumber camps, smiths and so on, also the regions main city consumes food.
ontop of that there will probaly also be a food consumptoion due to armies occoping a region else starvation siges of fortres and towns won't work.
Farms produces food (duhh)
So now we have food production and food consumption 1 produces food the other consummes food. Consumption and production is also modified with ingoing and outgoing food transportation due to food trading regions between, so it's a simpel equation, Production must be greater than consumption or you will run out of food and rebels may/can arise.

Arjenvs
02-12-2003, 16:22
Men!!! Looks great!!! In two days I have some more time...then I will read it better and say my piece about it.... till then...:cheers:

Lord Sandman
03-12-2003, 08:45
Good work! This explanation gives us better vision to economic system, which is one of most urgent options in grand strategy.
Now I hope that Devs will tell us, what they think about this theory.

Arjenvs
03-12-2003, 14:23
Originally posted by Es.

Well you can't stop thinking how this game works,

Indeed!!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Es.

The world as it starts have all it's regions set from the start

I think with all realms allready a part of a kingdom/country....

Originally posted by Es.

Each region have a main town, like London.
Around London= the region of London, there is the room for small settelments, that have different features look at link 1.
And you will see 3 different settelments
A harbor for trade and moving armies with ships
Grain farms that provides you with food
A settelment with a horse shoe over it, it probaly produce horses for your cavalary
On link 2 you can see
A stone quarry that provides your kingdom with stones to build buildings ( a tough one )
On link 3 you can see
Several settelments that all produces gold coins.
Some that produces lumber other that produces weapons
****All shows how many they produce.****

Yes they show how many....but do we think that that is influencable? Like appoint a amount of workers....or is this just linked to the size of the village...... I think...and hope the first option!

Originally posted by Es.

Each province have a sertain amount of "spots" where you can place harbors grain, farms, lumber camps and so one, when there ain't any more room you can't place any more minor settlements and that province then produces what the minor settelments and the main town provides.

But don't dispair...you still can do things with the workers you have left....in the cities there are also possibilities to work and be of benefit to this realm and thereby to your kingdom!!....according to Frank or Fruijn...(read in some other post...)

Originally posted by Es.

Don't have any proof of the trade idear it's just a wild guess, but it makes sence.

think it is a good guess....

I will now go and look into the screenshots more detailed to give some of my views on the game.....

Es.
03-12-2003, 14:38
As far as i rember to have read some where you can upgrade the settelments a sertain amount of levels and there by increase there output, but you do not controll the work force at the settelments, so that means all you do is upgrading the settelments and you get a greater outcome from them, also sertain knight have skills that influences the outcome of the province he is governing.

Arjenvs
03-12-2003, 14:55
Originally posted by Es.
As far as i rember to have read some where you can upgrade the settelments a sertain amount of levels and there by increase there output, but you do not controll the work force at the settelments, so that means all you do is upgrading the settelments and you get a greater outcome from them, also sertain knight have skills that influences the outcome of the province he is governing.

But does the upgrade possibilities depend on the size of your village or realm??