PDA

View Full Version : First (a longggggggggg night) Impression

Alex Poff
09-10-2004, 22:09
Well, I am a huge fan of strategy games, so this was like preaching to the converted. Got my game from game.net in the UK, sat down at 8:30 pm and saw the sun come up the next morning! Started as lowly Highlands with one province and am now the most powerful ruler in Europe! I still have a long way to go, because I want to see if I can actually conquer the entire world, but, I gotta tell you, this is a throughly enjoyable game! :hello: There are times when the pace of action is so fast that it leaves me practically breathless (so many marshalls out conquering for me!), but I truly believe a "home run" has been hit with KOH!
Alex

Maizena
10-10-2004, 00:38
hehe i got my game thursday after some days delay.. I first started out with York in Early period w/ 2 provinces. Then i conquered some big part of Europe when my game crashed and i had forgot to save (Dummie! That happens with comp. games) . Then today i started out at 9.30 with Late period teutonic order and now i possess all of scandinavia, nearly all of russia and baltikum, on my way into Germany, and I must say, too, this game is so hugely enjoyable that i almost forget where i am :) wonderful with a week of holiday ahead of me :D

Huwie
10-10-2004, 02:18
Yeah, I agree. I finally picked KoH up today. I had to commit the heinous crime of buying it from Game. I just couldn't find it anywhere else though. Most places haven't even heard of it. I know I could've bought it online but I wanted it today!

Anyway, the game is absolutely SPLENDID, as I knew it would be from playing the demo (over and over). There are a couple of niggling faults but they aren't exactly show-stoppers. On the whole, KoH is one of the deepest strategy games I've ever played, and I'm ecstatic with it. This game will keep me occupied for a long time.

Thank you devs, I really appreciate this game. Pity the infernal splash screens can't be skipped though. ;)

Alex Poff
10-10-2004, 16:46
To Maizena:

Yes, crashing to the desktop has happened to me occasionally as well. I have alleviated this problem somewhat, in that I now take advantage of the"autosave" function. The game automatically saves every 15 minutes, so if it crashes, I haven't lost a lot. Seems to work just fine! I just got enough votes to win the election, but I turned it down, because I want to try to conquer all of Europe with just 9 marshalls!

Love this game!

Alex