PDA

View Full Version : How the game starts?

Pages : [1] 2

Elewyn
03-12-2003, 02:19
Here's another question...

We knoe we have realms and nations/kingdoms. Can you tell me, if in the biggining of the game will all the realms be occupied by kings, or every each of them wil start in his capital and have to conquere his kingdomstep by step.

So, will the map be "empty", or all covered by kingdom's colours and occupied?:p

Silver Wolf
03-12-2003, 04:44
I think it would be better if each King/Noble or whatever you start as has like his home nation and mabe a few colonies or something and the rest of the untaken land is barbaric and inhabited by uncivilized wildmen or something of that nature. Kind of like how you started out in Lords II.

The uncivilized people could be compared to like the Romans when they invaded Gaul and Germany. The Roman technology was superior compared to the Germanic tribes.

I don't know. I think starting out with everything taken would seem like a insane way to start out. What if your teritory is bigger than what you want to control and whatnot? It would be like loading up a saved game that you have never played and trying to figure out what is going on without losing everything you started with.

I figure that you will start with like your main castle and some villages under your control and you work from there.

- Silver Wolf

Jerome
03-12-2003, 09:23
i had a really long story to tell you all how i think the game starts.... but it took so long that i automatical logged out and my whole story was lost...:(

i dont feel like doing it all over again, so i'll just stick with saying that i agree with Silver wolf for the most part...;)

Arjenvs
03-12-2003, 10:28
Well I think we just start in the historically correct way....the countries that were there in the historic times are in the also that country....and all of his realms.....

So then you can play with every country....and then some are more difficult then others....

just my piece.....:cheers:

Elewyn
03-12-2003, 10:30
I asked cause I want it too. But the true is, that I don't agree with Silver wolf at all. KoH is about MEDIEVAL, not Roman Europe.

I hope it would be like in the bigining there are whole map with "grey/unoccupied" realms, maybe with their own knights which you can fight or make dynastic connections etc.
You're not building kingdom from nothing, so, the rest of map can't be wild/barbarian at all. There must be something - Towns(realm capitals) and some production districts for them at least. I don't want here to be the one who's bringing the life to Eurpoe, because Europe already lives.

Arjenvs
03-12-2003, 13:50
Originally posted by Elewyn
I asked cause I want it too. But the true is, that I don't agree with Silver wolf at all. KoH is about MEDIEVAL, not Roman Europe.

I hope it would be like in the bigining there are whole map with "grey/unoccupied" realms, maybe with their own knights which you can fight or make dynastic connections etc.
You're not building kingdom from nothing, so, the rest of map can't be wild/barbarian at all. There must be something - Towns(realm capitals) and some production districts for them at least. I don't want here to be the one who's bringing the life to Eurpoe, because Europe already lives.

Yes! so all europe lives at that time....soooo..all realms are part of a country....some countries with more realms then others...

I think....:angel: :cheers:

Elewyn
03-12-2003, 14:58
Originally posted by Arjenvs
Yes! so all europe lives at that time....soooo..all realms are part of a country....some countries with more realms then others...

I think....:angel: :cheers:

I'm not sure we understand each other.
I mean in the biggining every realm is independent. King of France is only in Paris/Ille-de-France and he has to overrule whole France...

Hmmm...would be nice if "French" knights in origin (like from Anjoou or Burgundy) will have more sympaties to the king of France, than to the king of Italy or the Emperor. No word about the Engish:D

Arjenvs
03-12-2003, 15:03
I'm not sure we understand each other.
I mean in the biggining every realm is independent. King of France is only in Paris/Ille-de-France and he has to overrule whole France...

Hmmm...would be nice if "French" knights in origin (like from Anjoou or Burgundy) will have more sympaties to the king of France, than to the king of Italy or the Emperor. No word about the Engish:D

yes I get you! but still not historically accurete.....cause the king of France had more realms in the year the game starts...so I think it is more fun that all these realms are allready defided to the countries....then it is a real big diference wich country you start with.....:cheers:

Elewyn
03-12-2003, 15:11
yes I get you! but still not historically accurete.....cause the king of France had more realms in the year the game starts...so I think it is more fun that all these realms are allready defided to the countries....then it is a real big diference wich country you start with.....:cheers:

Yea, true;) I think it's better. I forgot thinking about historical accuratness.
However, the possibility of unoccupied map would be also good, even if less historical accurate.

Arjenvs
03-12-2003, 15:14
Yea, true;) I think it's better. I forgot thinking about historical accuratness.
However, the possibility of unoccupied map would be also good, even if less historical accurate.

That's true....but maybe as an extra scenario.....like in Europa Universalis II.....

Elewyn
03-12-2003, 15:28
That's true....but maybe as an extra scenario.....like in Europa Universalis II.....
Yea. I think, now we can agree with each other both...:cheers: :cheers:

Arjenvs
03-12-2003, 16:55
Yea. I think, now we can agree with each other both...:cheers: :cheers:

:cheers: Indeed!!! For teh first time...:) ...

But I also read that there are 3 entries to the game....3 different years...that means...there are diferences between the countries and the realms the posses...so that what almost prove that the realms are all from countries....no barbaric ones.....I think

Silver Wolf
03-12-2003, 23:30

Yeah. That is exactly what I meant, but at 10:30 or 11:00 at night it was slightly hard for me to think what I wanted to say!

Sorry, sometimes I can get off on a Roman tangent because I know so much more about them than I do the Mideviel era.

I agree with you Elewyn. Thanks for straightening me out!

- Silver Wolf

Richard Plantagenet
03-12-2003, 23:34
it would be interesting if the game can have less loyal nobles as well....

e.g games starts with king of france (the player) claiming homage from the count of anjou, burgundy, normandy etc... only to the the plantagenets gang up later and kick his butt.

Frank Fay
04-12-2003, 09:40
In the beginning all Realms are occupied by a kingdom. But there are Kingdoms who are only one realm.

Realms can split from a Kingdom and become an own Kingdom. This can happen when a rebellion happens and the rebels conquer the town/castle.

So you can expect new Kingdoms will emerge...and some will disappear and it will be never the same as the whole world is dynamic.

Knights can become disloyal to the king too...so they can start a rebellion on their own.

Elewyn
04-12-2003, 10:20
Originally posted by Frank Fay
Realms can split from a Kingdom and become an own Kingdom. This can happen when a rebellion happens and the rebels conquer the town/castle.

So you can expect new Kingdoms will emerge...and some will disappear and it will be never the same as the whole world is dynamic.

Knights can become disloyal to the king too...so they can start a rebellion on their own.
Yyyyeeeessss

What a pleasing answer. That's perfect. Thanks, thanks....
:rofl: :hello: :hello: :rofl: :hello: :go:

I wanted to ask following question somewhere else, but now:

If a rebel-knight loses and must leave the kingdom where he led the rebelion, is possible to offer him entering to my services-offer him to be my knight(and, of course, give him the thing he's rebelling for)? Or offer him it just before he has lost(and then he he mayconquere the province for me?

In the beginning all Realms are occupied by a kingdom. But there are Kingdoms who are only one realm.

Thanx. And a possibility of a grey-unoccupied map with all kingdoms only with one realm as special scenario?

Arjenvs
04-12-2003, 11:24

Superb!!!!!

Is it possible to play with any country that is on the map...in the beginning of the game...

Elewyn
04-12-2003, 11:36
Superb!!!!!

Is it possible to play with any country that is on the map...in the beginning of the game...
I'm nearly sure about that. But true, it was never discussed in "What nations can we play?"

Frank Fay
04-12-2003, 11:54

Yes every Kingdom which is there can be played with.

If a rebel-knight loses and must leave the kingdom where he led the rebelion, is possible to offer him entering to my services-offer him to be my knight(and, of course, give him the thing he's rebelling for)? Or offer him it just before he has lost(and then he he mayconquere the province for me?

You can bribe "foreing" rebels. Also rebels are not always fighting against you. It is possible that when an enemy tries to conquer your realm that rebels raise and support you. There are several ways to "calm" down the rebels.

Elewyn
04-12-2003, 12:04
I like it more and more:hello: :hello: :rofl: