PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think food consumption is too slow?

dearmad
10-10-2004, 00:21
My armies can travel just about anywhere and once you raid a farm you're at 100% again- and since destroyed places regenerate while your army is in a province- you can do this forever and sustain yourself in the field permanently. Makes food almost irrelevent in your own cities.

I think raided places should NOT regenerate if any enemy army is in the same province, AND food consumption should be about doubled. This would help limit the scale of your wars in their distance from your kingdom. CRUSADER armies don't consume food, right, so they would be exempt which is good.

NoC Lord Fire
10-10-2004, 01:00
I think it is ok. If you raid the village you get the food from village (it is even done in modern wars). And it is ok to regenerate. It is done in the real situations as well.
I will have to dissagree with you

dearmad
10-10-2004, 01:46
It regenerates fast enough that I cna only destroy two more places before the village is 100% again?

Meh... makes for a cash cow.

Damn Dirty Ape
12-10-2004, 10:08
it's fine the way it is

Peav
13-10-2004, 01:23
I think that the food system should be changed slightly. When your marshals are in your own provinces then your food supply shouldnt drain. Think of it as the locals coming from the towns to give the knights food etc. Also in your allys provinces, only ones with alliance pacts, the above should apply.

It would allow you to garrison an army in an ally province to maybe help him out if he is attacked. Obviously once you start figting within ally or your own provinces then food should drain. Once fighting has finished then food drain stops and locals start replenishing it, albiet slower than being in a town.

If you go into a non ally province then food should deplete like it normally does now.

What you think ??

Peav

PS if this happens already, then stand me up against the wall and aim that crossbow of yours at my head :cool:

dearmad
13-10-2004, 01:28
No thanks- there's already an abundance of food in the game- it poses no challenge at all as it is. This would only make it even easier.

It's too easy to go from Scotland all the way to Judea and back on one load!