PDA

View Full Version : IS it me or do they declare war secretly!

WAR_PIG
10-10-2004, 00:36
For some reason, for no apparant reason OR notification, numerous kingdoms have declared war on me?! I thought that I would get a "royal message" that a kingdom had declared war! :yawn:

ulfn
10-10-2004, 02:21
Maybe you have been excomunnicated by the Pope. :yawn:

dearmad
10-10-2004, 02:27
I think they decalre war entirely too much and to no purpose... Less wars, focus on a few enemies... would be better for the AI.

And then asking them instantly for peace PLUS $$ (and they give me the $$) is too simple.

Check your kingdom power- if it's 0 or less you need to get it up or you will face a lot of wars!

Quboid
10-10-2004, 02:36
Wait - they declare war, then they're willing to pay for peace?? That's messed up - if the conditions are such that war is the best option open to them, why do they then decide peace is so much better than war that they'll pay for it?

I hope this game isn't just loads of wars. It needs to be mostly peace time for it to be playable strategicly - if you're too busy fighting one war you can't properly spy on somewhere else because you're too busy.

dearmad
10-10-2004, 02:42
True.

One other thing I've noticed- they often claim to have "empty treasuries" so they must fight a war with you. Two things: 1- Hello? Your treasury is EMPTY so you need a waR? And 2- I check and they have LOADS of money in their treasury... so what gives?

Also I've found bankrupting enemy nations almost impossible... I once had two master spies in Scotland causing EVERY army of his to turn on him and then stealing tens of thousands of gold from him at every opportunity... Scotland never really disappeared as I expected, though York did shake of their vassalage under Scotland and vassalize their former masters during this time.

It was truly staggering how I was punishing scotland with my spies (and raking in 100's of thousands of gold) and they kept taking it... Rebels everywhere burning the place down.

This ties into how once a place is pillaged it regenerates in a matter of seconds- this should not happen until your province has no more enemies in it- or VERY SLOWLY while enemies are in a province.

kabo
11-10-2004, 07:41
Here's something similar that I've experienced - and it happened a good number of times. At just some random moment, a country that was previously eliminated would suddenly come back to life. Or in the words of the event long, "X country has come back from the ashes." They would take back some of their lands and my stationed knights in the province would be standing just right outside of the castle. And many times, they would be at war with me (or whatever their last relation to me was before they were wiped out).

It wouldn't be just one country coming back to life either, but even as much as three. And that's just in my kingdom alone, others were revived elsewhere. At one point, England, France, and Brittany came back to life under my kingdom - at war with me! What a headache that was to redelagate my forces to reclaim the land, but an interesting challenge nonetheless. I just wish I had gotten a message pop up - I only found out after looking in the political view. A logical explanation as to why it was revived wouldn't be bad either. Anyone else experience this?

despot666
12-10-2004, 20:15
Here's something similar that I've experienced - and it happened a good number of times. At just some random moment, a country that was previously eliminated would suddenly come back to life. Or in the words of the event long, "X country has come back from the ashes." They would take back some of their lands and my stationed knights in the province would be standing just right outside of the castle. And many times, they would be at war with me (or whatever their last relation to me was before they were wiped out).

It wouldn't be just one country coming back to life either, but even as much as three. And that's just in my kingdom alone, others were revived elsewhere. At one point, England, France, and Brittany came back to life under my kingdom - at war with me! What a headache that was to redelagate my forces to reclaim the land, but an interesting challenge nonetheless. I just wish I had gotten a message pop up - I only found out after looking in the political view. A logical explanation as to why it was revived wouldn't be bad either. Anyone else experience this?

I experienced a similar thing when my king died and there was some dispute over who the next king should be, so a "vacum" was created in one of my provinces and Sweden came back to life. I was also wondering if there is an effective way to get rid of nostalgia. This is a big problem for me since I expanded pretty fast and I have all marshalls in my royal court but am still spread to thin because of all the rebellions.

kabo
12-10-2004, 20:36
I experienced a similar thing when my king died and there was some dispute over who the next king should be, so a "vacum" was created in one of my provinces and Sweden came back to life. I was also wondering if there is an effective way to get rid of nostalgia. This is a big problem for me since I expanded pretty fast and I have all marshalls in my royal court but am still spread to thin because of all the rebellions.

I don't know of any way to get rid of nostalgia, but given it's title, I don't think there is or should be. Time is usually the best antidote for nostalgia, even in real life. As for rebellions that are associated with it (or any rebellion, really), I've found one solution to solve them with relative ease:

Have one or two empty seats in your royal court. When you get the message of a rebellion, hire a knight in the town that's currently in rebellion. Quickly load up this knight with swordmen or whatever cheap but effective units you can throw in there. A level 0 knight can easily handle just about any rebellion (though this may change with the patch, especially with regard to famous rebels). Anyway, once you quell that rebelion, fire the knight and hire another knight in the province that's also experiencing a rebellion. This way, you can still concentrate your more experienced marshals in places they are needed most; a war front, for example. You can also use your King or Princes, but I'd rather not risk them.

Doing this gets a lot easier as your provinces get a higher population and your income increases. Two or three grand is a cheap price to pay to put some rebels down. Anyway, hope that helps!

Angryminer
12-10-2004, 20:39
A cleric can remove notalgia for 100 books each percent-point. The cleric has to be the governor of the specific town.

Angryminer

Cro_Knight
14-10-2004, 08:21
go to this site http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy...ns.html?page=53 it has way more icon features then the demo can anyone answer why they are holding bak in the demo and is this in a different language or w/e plz answer im kinda confused private msg me or post it here

Damn Dirty Ape
14-10-2004, 19:44

up, seen it too many times.. countries keep popping up outta nowhere.. i gave most of england to my buddy ireland and boom, england, wales and ulster just popped outta nowhere all at once. same thing across the map. Like countries were designed to spawn after a certain amount of time, really weird.. Although it was fun to watch Frieseland come back to life.. It's what my country was like before the netherlands excisted :)

FearTheMullet
14-10-2004, 22:00
This game is becoming to seem more and more like a modification of MTW with some (or alot) of flaws. In MTW if the province was 200% loyal it would not revolt (as long as it was 100% the revolt rate would be 0, but at 200 more income came in). And if a country DID appear it was usually one province and an army, and if you already had a sieable army fielded there you could crush them in days.