PDA

View Full Version : Religion questions

Noldy
10-10-2004, 18:19
Stupid questions offcourse but:

1. How do i convert a province to another religion, and
2. When im excommunicated, how do i get... um communicated again?

Syt
10-10-2004, 19:57
Having only played Muslims so far, I can only answer your first question. When you have conquered a province of a different belief than your own, you shall appoint a cleric as a governor. He gets the option to convert the province (success depends on his experience).

Noldy
10-10-2004, 20:15
Im sorry, but i just found it in the Royal Libraray. Indeed you need a cleric to convert the population to your religion. Because of this, i was communicated. But wat if all your provinces are Catholic and you refuse to lead a crusade and get excommunicated? How do you get communicated? Or is this situation impossible.

Merlin82
12-10-2004, 13:58
I have question how Teutonic Order was able to convert Lithuania in christianity if they wasnt themselfs Christians, they are known as a bandits who killed and robbed many people and they was far away from christian principles.Btw Teutonic Order is a line of Tampliers , i think crisianity influence in Lithunia was more from russia.

Merlin82
12-10-2004, 14:01
Alexander Nevski did battle vs Teutonic Order, they came to russia and killed many people even burned small kids

Ernst
12-10-2004, 14:05
Im sorry, but i just found it in the Royal Libraray. Indeed you need a cleric to convert the population to your religion. Because of this, i was communicated. But wat if all your provinces are Catholic and you refuse to lead a crusade and get excommunicated? How do you get communicated? Or is this situation impossible.The situation is not impossible. I refused twice to lead the crusade because I needed my marshalls and got excommunicated. The Pope reintegrated me after a few minutes playing. I've heard you can pay for reintegration (cash + crosses) via one of your clerics but don't know how.

Maltro
12-10-2004, 14:30
The situation is not impossible. I refused twice to lead the crusade because I needed my marshalls and got excommunicated. The Pope reintegrated me after a few minutes playing. I've heard you can pay for reintegration (cash + crosses) via one of your clerics but don't know how.

Yes you can ask the pope to forgive you. Go to the "cleric menu" and click on the picture of a man who is praying. You need a lot of gold for that... :p

syrous_pl
13-10-2004, 00:06
I have question how Teutonic Order was able to convert Lithuania in christianity if they wasnt themselfs Christians, they are known as a bandits who killed and robbed many people and they was far away from christian principles.Btw Teutonic Order is a line of Tampliers , i think crisianity influence in Lithunia was more from russia.
Lithuania was converted by Poland through the marriage of Wladyslaw Jagiello to the Polish princess Jadwiga. The main reason for the conversions was obviously the slaughter of pagans by christians such as Teutonic knights.

Merlin82
13-10-2004, 16:39
Lithuania was converted by Poland through the marriage of Wladyslaw Jagiello to the Polish princess Jadwiga. The main reason for the conversions was obviously the slaughter of pagans by christians such as Teutonic knights.

Teutonic knights wasnt christians but sure they did many slaughter

Fatih Sultan
13-10-2004, 18:38
I play as Muslim, do the cathedral kingdom advantage work with my mosques?

Frujin
13-10-2004, 21:48
Yes it does