PDA

View Full Version : big suggestion

Evilness
03-12-2003, 19:19
My suggestion is you make the campaign playable in multiplayer this will realy increase sales of your game.
because to be honest the only thing you are making now is a good game but you still stop at the same features Medieval total war did, i thought together with many others that the game would have been 10x better if the multi player would have had a campaign mode.
And i would hate to see an other game which has realy great single player turn in to such a bad multiplayer game :(.
There have been games before which have successfully included a campaign in their multi player, for instance Lord of the realm 2 by Sierra its old but it had a great multi player very good mix between real time strategie and turnbassed.
i think a modern game sollution could be, a timer of days every day could be 5min and you can move an army group could move a spesific amout of sectors and in a battle the game would move to a battle screen for all and the non combatants could be specating.
just a suggestion :)

Richard Plantagenet
04-12-2003, 02:32
this has been suggested somewhere before. I think the offical answer was whilst it is possible to do the multiplayer you suggested, the Dev team has decided not to include that in the original game.

I hear your pain.... :cheers:

Lord Nicko
04-12-2003, 11:06
Pff- I disagree!

To me Campaigns are for single players.

I reckon the best type of multiplayer game is a custom scenario.
be it- AI's v humans or humans v humans.
Koh will also offer historic battles which is cool.
Im sure there will be plenty more of multiplayer options available as well. :)

Angryminer
05-12-2003, 15:08
Angryminer's tutor on creating your own MP-campaign in 5 minutes:

- Open a thread called "My_Very_Own_Scenario" and make a first post that reads like
"Angryminer: Superior Ruler of the realms a, b, c, d and e. Allied with Lord Nicko.
Lord Nicko: Ruler of the realms f and g. Allied with Angryminer.
Richard Plantagenet: Ruler of the realms h and i. Fights against Lord Nicko/Angryminer.
etc.
etc.
[Image of the game-map (screenshot from the game)]
"
- The other players can post RPG-like letters between the Kings (Players = Kings) or write little stories about espionage and things like that.
- If it comes to war, all involved fractions meet in a MP-game and fight it out.
- Have fun.

I think that would be a much nicer way of playing a MP-campaign, because you aren't restricted to the game-rules.

Angryminer

P.S.: Sorry for using your names, Nicko and Richard, but I needed some examples ;) .

Frank Fay
05-12-2003, 15:32
Dont forget that it is off-topic :lol:

So open it in the "Royal Inn" please :p

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 16:59
Originally posted by Frank Fay
Dont forget that it is off-topic :lol:

So open it in the "Royal Inn" please :p

canīt you just move it there??:angel:

Jorghan
05-12-2003, 17:03
Perhaps playing the whole campaign in multiplayer would be to heavy, but you don't have to do it like that. In MTW for example you had "Wonderous Achivements" or something like that as a victory condition in the campaign, I would have loved to play something like that multiplayer. Or say for example you play England vs. France, and the one who holds say Britanny at the end of a certain year wins. Of course all the other nations would be there and controlled by the computer (just so the french would have to watch their back).

For people like me who play theese kinds of game in a big part due to the strategy elements, it's sad that there is no option to include these in multiplayer.

Frank Fay
05-12-2003, 17:25
canīt you just move it there??

It is still on-topic :angel:

Arjenvs
05-12-2003, 20:44
Originally posted by Frank Fay
It is still on-topic :angel:

what was off-topic then.....?

Angryminer
05-12-2003, 21:05
I think he wanted to keep us from doing the steps in the