PDA

View Full Version : Clothes?

WAR_PIG
11-10-2004, 07:41
Does anyone know how to get the tailor shop that produces clothes? :)

-Shoot-
11-10-2004, 09:11
For the tailor shop you need to have the following buildings: The Weaving Mill and the Dyes Workshop.

You can build a Weaving Mill when you have build a Hemp Field and a Tool Smithy.
Hemp Field can be build when you have the Fertile Soil as a Province Feature.
Tool Smithy can be build in every city.

For the Dyes Workshop you need the Tool Smithy and a Mineral Deposit as Province Feature.

Peav
12-10-2004, 03:34
Hi there,

I have a question regarding this. Basically i have a province that is making linen, but no mineral deposits at all in my provinces.

Now to make the clothes trade good you need a dye workshop, which makes dye from minerals, i gather?. Can I not import dye and build a tailor that way to make clothing ??

It says i need the dye workshop, so unless it is there as a place to dye the linen aswell as make dyes, then i cant see why i cant import dye and make clothes.

Any ideas as im need clothes for a kingdom advantage, and i cant really attack any provinces without causing major problems for myself.

thanks in advance

Peav

Ernst
12-10-2004, 11:01
Nope. For the tailor you need both the Weaving Mill and the Dyes Workshop, which means the tailor can only be built in a province with fertile soil and mineral deposit. After all getting all the kingdom advantages is not supposed to be easy :p .

There are a few buildings like that - Cathedral, University, Guild of merchants etc. - that needs a specific combination of natural resources to be built, hence it is only possible in three to five provinces on the whole map, different each game. IMO it adds huge flavor to the game. You can know from the beginning where you can buil what via the political maps, and thus choose your friends and enemies from start.

These buildings are quite dificult to get (invade the province + waste slots for the perequisites + defend them). I think they should bring more rewards than what they do now.

To conclude, if you need clothes for your kingdom advantage, just import them, do not import dye :p

Peav
12-10-2004, 14:55
yeah i guess so..

I would import clothes if any one was actually producing them :cool: 2BH i dont think there is a province that has all the elements needed to produce clothing, guess I'll have to look about a little bit more :)

just seems an odd way to go about it tho. Thats what trade is all about, Trading to get things you cant make and using them to make others.

Ah well, thanks for the input

Peav

rado907
12-10-2004, 16:11
you should try to make a merchant's guild or a cathedral or a university.
now these are annoying ;-).

Ernst
12-10-2004, 16:31
2BH i dont think there is a province that has all the elements needed to produce clothing, guess I'll have to look about a little bit more :)
PeavI guess basic random features are not so randomly spread, the devs must have made sure there are always a couple of provinces able to produce the most advanced buildings (at least it's the case in all my games).

Just check "clothes" in the diamond strategic map, you'll easily see them.

Peav
12-10-2004, 20:26
Did that and found a few provinces that have the capabitiy to make clothes.. i have just got to battle through the rest of europe to reach them :)

Thanks for all the help

Peav