PDA

View Full Version : Building Cathedrals and Universities

Thamis
11-10-2004, 13:47
I've built a huge empire, I have nearly all trade goods, and all kingdom advantages but two.

I don't have a single cathedral or university though. Why? Because they require a set of buildings to be present in the town. The cathedral for example needs a parchment maker, wax maker and statue maker(?). How likely is it that all three base resources are found in the very same region? The chances are nearly nil.

It would make more sense to require cathedrals (and all other advanced buildings) to require the trade goods in the city. This may be too easy. Right. How about a market is required to import these trade goods into the city and make them available for construction?

Right now, it's either nearly impossible to build chathedrals and other advanced buildings, or I am missing something.

engesa
11-10-2004, 14:09
I've built a huge empire, I have nearly all trade goods, and all kingdom advantages but two.

I don't have a single cathedral or university though. Why? Because they require a set of buildings to be present in the town. The cathedral for example needs a parchment maker, wax maker and statue maker(?). How likely is it that all three base resources are found in the very same region? The chances are nearly nil.

It would make more sense to require cathedrals (and all other advanced buildings) to require the trade goods in the city. This may be too easy. Right. How about a market is required to import these trade goods into the city and make them available for construction?

Right now, it's either nearly impossible to build chathedrals and other advanced buildings, or I am missing something.In the political view it is possible to check where buildings are availble for building. Most of the times Cathedrals are only possible in 3 or 4 countrys.. and I like it that way. They are very powerfull buildings and shouldn't be availble everwhere.

Arcador
11-10-2004, 16:16
If you just need some good (not a building) try to trade it.