PDA

View Full Version : Being a vasal?

sir Robert
11-10-2004, 20:09
Where can I check if I'm a vasal to another Kingdom?

King Juhafin
11-10-2004, 20:23
hmm, what is a vasal?

sir Robert
11-10-2004, 21:10
Sorry, I missed one "s" - should be Vassal. You can become a Vassal of stronger Kingdom, which will protect You, but half of Your gold income goes to that Kingdom... sorry for my poor english, I'm from Poland ;)

Sir Turylon
11-10-2004, 23:33
easy. just go to the political map and click the first button in upper left corner... the one with the flags. It'll show all the kingdoms and vassalages. :go:

Damn Dirty Ape
12-10-2004, 10:15
declare independence as soon as you have the proper military force, vassalage is annoying, it just costs you money...

OSDSET
12-10-2004, 17:29
Sorry, I missed one "s" - should be Vassal. You can become a Vassal of stronger Kingdom, which will protect You, but half of Your gold income goes to that Kingdom... sorry for my poor english, I'm from Poland ;)

ahh so thats why kingdom power droped to -5 when i declared war on my vassel

Arcador
12-10-2004, 17:32
Sometimes you become vasal if you lose the war (i.e. surrender) then the enemy recieves a tribute from you and have no intentions to protect you.

I hope they make the AI to "SEE" the difference between the two types of vasalage.

Deckdisz
10-02-2006, 15:47
I've been clicking on a number of buttons all over the screen, seen a whole lot of websites, googled my question in 8 different descriptions, 'till finally I landed here.
Now, HOW do I declare my countries independent??
Second question, if ever I feel I need to know something that like the vassalage-thing is so essential to the gameplay, can I check back with a big database somewhere, in which all rules and buttons are thoroughly described? I'd have expected a bigger community backing up this somewhat great game we all like so much.
Thanks

Elvain
10-02-2006, 16:39
the game had very poor propagation :angry:
so most of posters here found it by themselves, so active community is not very wide...

to the topic:
when you are vasal, start an audience with your opresor and there is a diplomatical action called "declare independence"

the result is (in unmodded game) KP drop (-1) + KP drop if you had any agreements with the opresor. Little advice. Don't declare independence when you are married to your opresor.
Declaration of independence means war with the opresor.

Deckdisz
11-02-2006, 18:18
Thanks for the advice!
Another question then, to top it all off! How can I tell who this oppressor might be?

Deckdisz
11-02-2006, 18:21
What are they? Can we play them instead of using the prewritten world of Europe as KoH supplied us with? Or is it just great artwork?

Elvain
11-02-2006, 19:33
the oppresor is the kingdom you are subordinated to

my map changes are just little changes of europe map. Some provinces are named more correctly, several new kingdoms are added etc.

Deckdisz
12-02-2006, 18:29
Yes yes, ofcourse I understand that the oppressor is the one I'm subjected to. I just don't know how to find out who it is. Is his (name and) country shown anywhere?
Thanks

Elvain
12-02-2006, 18:56
yes kind of...

when you are in political view, you can see that when you are someone's vassal, your country is lined by someone's colour also your borders with that kingdom are not black lined like all the others.

and if you click at the kingdom there is icon of 2 flags on the left side. There you can see who are country's alies, who they are at war with and who are their vasals (or whose vasals they are)

Deckdisz
12-02-2006, 21:03
I'll go give it a try then :bday: