PDA

View Full Version : One request for the patched hard level

Funkybax
11-10-2004, 21:55
I love very much the tactical battles, but I find impossible to play them on the hard level (the most enjoyable level) because there is no time to work in the world map.
Please, let us to choose to pause the world time in battles or not. At normal I find the game too easy to win.

Why not an "Hardest" level?

Funkybax
11-10-2004, 21:57
Sorry,

I've forgot to say it.
A very nice game indeed.

Lord Sandman
12-10-2004, 09:06
Yes, I agree...Please, allow pause option to hard level, but try to make smarter and harder AI.....

Arcador
12-10-2004, 09:53
And the AI to be more good in assault maps. (especially when defending)

Funkybax
12-10-2004, 11:45
Yes,
in the assault maps the AI have to defend not to attack.

Anduin Rastafar
12-10-2004, 13:11
hmm wheres the problem with no pause mode on hard? What needs to be done which is more important than the battle u r currently fighting?I agree that it becomes difficult when there is another fight just starting in the middle of the old one, but in general I never had problems without pause, and I only play hard, only problem is that the game is too easy,make the AI better(unit/building production,siege units,diplomacy)

NoC Lord Fire
12-10-2004, 20:02
pause mode would be good, but then it would be easier

kabo
12-10-2004, 20:46
hmm wheres the problem with no pause mode on hard? What needs to be done which is more important than the battle u r currently fighting?I agree that it becomes difficult when there is another fight just starting in the middle of the old one, but in general I never had problems without pause, and I only play hard, only problem is that the game is too easy,make the AI better(unit/building production,siege units,diplomacy)

I don't command too many battles myself in hard for it to be a problem as I let my knights handle them, but I can see how it become a problem for those who do. When you have 5 or 6 battles going on, in addition to some attacked towns, I asume it can be rather difficult to manage. Personally, I don't think removing the pause ability in Hard is a smart way to increase the challenge of a given difficulty level. It'd be like disabling half the keys on your keyboard, disabling a mouse button, and disabling the X axis on the mouse. Sure, it'll be harder, but not necessarily because the computer is smarter, it's just that you are handicapped. I like to play on Hard as well, but I'd rather have it be challenging through more intelligent means.

Funkybax
12-10-2004, 21:49

Where is the problem? When you can choose to pause the worl or not?
If you want you can pause. If you want you can pause not.

But yes, we all hope the Devs are going to make the Ai better and better.

Arcador
13-10-2004, 11:10
Imagine after few patches it will be like "OMG THE AI GOT 2 SQUADS OF PEONS!!! RETREAT FEUDAL KNIGTS SAVE YOUR LIVES!" you you retreat with your 3 stars 9 squads of feudal knigts :P