PDA

View Full Version : new comer

Jeff
11-10-2004, 23:09
Hi there, I would like first to thank you for this great medieval game. Before that game came out i was stuck playing Romance 4 for snes which is 10yrs old, to be able to play a good medieval game. I never found any other game that was good and addictive for me, none was fitting my standars to make me play it for hours. You saved me with this great release from this cruel world. So i would like to thank you again for this.

I really love every aspect of the game but there a few things which is bugging me. Even with those i still enjoy every moment of Knights of Honor.

From the mainpage i toke a look at the unit showcase to know the conditions for every unit.
I managed to have all required buildings and ressources but i was not able to access those units.

In order to train units in Knights of Honor, several conditions have to be met. In all cases, you need to have specific buildings and the required resources at your disposal. In addition, the unit availability is also dependent on your religion, your kingdom and the province.

I didnt find anything to tell me if my religion or kingdom would allow me to have those units. Making all those buildings just to see if i can have those units is not really a good option for me. I was a viking and was not able to have any type of calvary unless i buy them from a campment.

Game crashed randomly without any warning, Full English version. I didnt do anything when its crashed, was waiting for my treasury to go up. Computer was not up for a long time so i believe this is not a virtual ressource memory problem.

I have daemon tools installed on my computer for virtual drivers. To be able to play the game i need to uninstall it everytime. I still get the message "Daemons Tools is installed but locked. I do understand some parts about it, warez issue and such. But restricting a another program which is used for other uses for some users is not something good.

Again, i will repeat, this is really a great game, i just wanted to give all my feedbacks about it. Sorry for my grammar, english is not my native language. I hope you will be able to understand my post. Also i would like to say hi to everyone, this community seem to be great and seem to be able to respect each other which is rare Nowayday.

Alex Poff
11-10-2004, 23:16
I can help you with the "what type of units can I build" part of your question, at least. In your town, click on an empty garrison slot or, if you have a marshall in the town, an empty squad slot for him. This will bring up the screen showing what units are available to put into either location. Some will probably be greyed out. Just run your mouse over them and you will be able to see what you could build if you had the correct buildings already built. What you see is all that you can build in that specific town.

For example, I believe to be able to build "men at arms", one of the requirements is the Chain Mail Armourer. But, if you don't see (or grey over) a unit (specifically in this case, a "man at arms") that requires the Chain Mail Armourer, then definitely do not build that building in that particular town, because it will only be a waste of resources and a valuable building slot, which has a finite number of 18 per town.

Welcome to the forum!

Alex

Alex Poff
11-10-2004, 23:20
Also, I had that game crashing thingy happen to me too, and I have a brand new P4, 1 gig ram, 128 meg video card, loaded system. It doesn't solve the problem, but under "options", I believe, I set the "autosave" to every 15 minutes. Then, in case of random crash, you haven't lost everything. In addition, the most recent autosave replaces the previous one, thereby not filling up file space, which is a bonus.

Alex

Webmaster
11-10-2004, 23:59
for crashing check this thread please:
http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=2316

if you still get the daemon tools message, please upgrade to the newest version

~closed~

Jeff
12-10-2004, 00:07
Thank you Alex and Webmaster for this quick reply.

I still have the latest version of daemon tools. Even tried with the last 3 versions, doesnt fix the problem.