PDA

View Full Version : Question about raiding and Hostages!

Alenuska_Koshechi
12-10-2004, 12:54
Hi there, I currently do not own the game so please forgive my ignorance. Yet i'm very curious, when raiding villages or castles can you take hostages? And if so can these hostages be used to marry off to Princes? Or Princesses? I know it goes against the noble concept of slumming however I was curious to what extent hostages or "captives" are useful and if there are infact the damsel's in the tall towers who can be stormed?

Ernst
12-10-2004, 14:16
Welcome

There are not hostages like you describe them. The only ones you can capture are (1) marshalls after a battle, or (2) spies taken in your court.

You can then ransom them if the enemy has enough money, or kill them (they take 1 slot in your court, and you only have 9 slots). No marriage, no princess in a cold tower to be liberated...

Arcador
12-10-2004, 17:29
:)
"So it was you who killed my son, and all my armies till now with bunch of untrained units...you razed my villages and brought unrest to the kingdom. I find you guilty and your judge is to...mary my daughter"

Firkaag
12-10-2004, 17:54
I have found that if you do not execute or ransom your captured knights, they eventually die in your prisons. Most of the time I just end up executing them because no kingdom wants to pay the huge amount of gold to free them.

Alenuska_Koshechi
12-10-2004, 18:04
Thank you, for the reply. Arcador you made me giggle. However thanks again for the replies !

syrous_pl
12-10-2004, 18:34
In the demo you can't set a price for the prisoner. I think that would be a good feature, to be able to negotiate the relase price.
The prisoner also takes up the space on your court, and that kind of ****s. I suppose if your court is full, you won't take any prisoners...

dworfi
13-10-2004, 01:07
I have found that if you do not execute or ransom your captured knights, they eventually die in your prisons. Most of the time I just end up executing them because no kingdom wants to pay the huge amount of gold to free them.

you can torture spy too if you want to know who send him (you lose political power =

Damn Dirty Ape
13-10-2004, 14:15
"So it was you who killed my son, and all my armies till now with bunch of untrained units...you razed my villages and brought unrest to the kingdom. I find you guilty and your judge is to...mary my daughter"
must be one ugly daughter then...

Arcador
13-10-2004, 16:47
"..Please king, not the daughter anything but knot the daugter...here you can cut my leg...or arm and can spike my eyes, yes? Can spill my gore on the pavement but I beg you...have mercy...I am human too,just.....just not the daughter..."